As required by our Customers below is the required changing or Medium care room entry procedure:
Personnel must enter Medium areas following the below changing and hand washing procedure.
The procedure must follow the order below:
1. Put in ear plugs and surgical masks (where required)
2. Put on a clean hair covering (if not already worn from Base area)
3. Remove street shoes and put on site captive shoes (if captive shoes are not already worn from Base area)
4. Wash, dry, and sanitise hands
5. Put on knee-length coats
6. Enter Medium area
7. Wash, dry, and sanitise hands
8. Put on disposable clothing at work station Hands must be washed, dried, and sanitised following any adjustment to hair or beard covers.
On exit from the Medium area the Medium area coat must be removed.
We do baked goods - pie, quiches, cakes etc.
The issue is that we do not have a hand wash sink to comply by point 4. Instead, we follow 1 to 3, then sanitise (Only) and put on coats, enter the area and wash, dry, sanitise hands.
Now the customer is asking us either to meet their requirements (install a hand wash unit) or to provide a risk assessment?
Could some one please help me out here - i have no idea how to justify/risk assess this situation..