• 149 posts
  • 154 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:"Foodie" stuff, dogs, family, horticulture, natural sciences

Posted 11 March 2015 - 10:45 PM

Hi All,

I sure hope I have understood how to properly post and have chosen an appropriate forum subsection. Please forgive me if I have made an error. This is my first post aside from introducing myself.

Once upon a time my facility (former) was gifted a set of documents specifically designed to develop food products and capture all the myriad details of the desired product from idea conception to getting on the shelf. It was specifically to meet the requirements of Costco, but could be generically applied for any client/customer. It consisted of 5 or 6 documents all in MS word except for the instructions were pdf. Alas, I have lost it due to a HDD crash (remember to back-up!). It was a remarkable tool because I could mandate the sales people who had zero accumen for science, food safety or quality, to capture the data indicated on the forms at each stage of the product development as they interphased with the client.I could take the data to HACCP and business meetings to have meaningful discussions, predictions, time-lines, as well as keep QA and production appraised of the real-time situation for any given product launch. In the end, the set of documents comprised an utterly detailed specififation sheet about the product. Per chance does anyone have these documents and willing to share? I have searched to no avail.

Kind regards,

Xylough

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 12 March 2015 - 08:39 AM

It certainly sounds like a magical book.

A mystical book that salesmen fear...but in fact it holds the key to customer satisfaction.

Let’s all help in Xylough in his quest for the holy grail. :smile:

First one to find it gets an IFSQN pen.

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,609 posts
  • 371 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 12 March 2015 - 01:46 PM

Would contacting your former employer be out of the question? 

-Setanta         

xylough

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 149 posts
  • 154 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:"Foodie" stuff, dogs, family, horticulture, natural sciences

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:54 PM

I have tried that route, but nobody saved it except me, because no one else valued it at the time. They saw it as a burden and inconvenience that got in the way of business. I'm sure that since then, the appreciation for detailed product ideas, history, specifications, etc., has grown.

I knew it would be a long shot requesting these documents here on IFSQN, but on the other hand there are a great number of suppliers to Costco. I cannot have been the only person on earth with these documents.

Certainly I could recreate them, but as you might imagine they must have taken weeks to create and an intimate knowledge of the required specifications, launch phases, labels, artwork, packaging, pallets, etc., and on the full array of food product categories.

Regards

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:18 PM

I don't have one, but I want one!!  I say we throw some alcohol or chocolate in with the pen as incentive. 

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

shakesh7

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:24 PM

Hi All,

I sure hope I have understood how to properly post and have chosen an appropriate forum subsection. Please forgive me if I have made an error. This is my first post aside from introducing myself.

Once upon a time my facility (former) was gifted a set of documents specifically designed to develop food products and capture all the myriad details of the desired product from idea conception to getting on the shelf. It was specifically to meet the requirements of Costco, but could be generically applied for any client/customer. It consisted of 5 or 6 documents all in MS word except for the instructions were pdf. Alas, I have lost it due to a HDD crash (remember to back-up!). It was a remarkable tool because I could mandate the sales people who had zero accumen for science, food safety or quality, to capture the data indicated on the forms at each stage of the product development as they interphased with the client.I could take the data to HACCP and business meetings to have meaningful discussions, predictions, time-lines, as well as keep QA and production appraised of the real-time situation for any given product launch. In the end, the set of documents comprised an utterly detailed specififation sheet about the product. Per chance does anyone have these documents and willing to share? I have searched to no avail.

Kind regards,

Xylough

Hi Xylough,

I was wanting to know if you found these set of documents? If so, will you be willing to share it on this forum? really appreciate it!

Thanks,

Shalini

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,486 posts
  • 1511 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:23 PM

Maybe this will help???

http://www.acoa-apec...t Worksheet.doc

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: R&D, Product Roll-out, Product launch, Specification Data Capture, Product Realization

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users