Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 76 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:46 PM

In Issue 4 for Packaging it states that ......4.12.11   All company-owned vehicles used for deliveries shall be included in the documented cleaning schedules.

Ok, I do realize this says OWNED, however the majority of companies I know of lease the trucks.  Does anyone know if this includes leases?  It does appear that we are exempt becasue it is not owned by us.

:ejut:  :yikes:

Ninja_Neill

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 23 posts
  • 15 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Motorcycles

Posted 25 March 2015 - 06:07 PM

I'm not a BRC person, but I feel it would include the leased trucks if you are the company leasing it. It sounds like they are trying to differentiate between company-used trucks and contracted trucking companies (who should have their own cleaning procedure). If you don't include the leased truck, when will it ever be cleaned? Again, this is just what I'm getting out of it.

BRC people input?

:ph34r:  :ninja:   "I'm the Secretary of State, brought to you by Carl's Jr."

Thanked by 1 Member:

Rosemary4

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 138 posts
  • 44 thanks
Good

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:10 AM

Ninja_Neill is spot on. All the vehicles you have your name on a contract and use (except third party hauliers) have to be included in the cleaning schedule.

Obviously all vehicles delivering your goods, whether yours or third party have to be checked for contamination before loading.

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:57 PM

In Issue 4 for Packaging it states that ......4.12.11   All company-owned vehicles used for deliveries shall be included in the documented cleaning schedules.

Ok, I do realize this says OWNED, however the majority of companies I know of lease the trucks.  Does anyone know if this includes leases?  It does appear that we are exempt becasue it is not owned by us.

:ejut:  :yikes:

Hi djammur,

An interesting question, I haven't come across that one before! I guess that the wording is slightly misleading and in reality there are a vast amount of 'company vehicles' that are leased. As Neill and Rosemary have posted you are responsible for cleaning them and need to document your cleaning procedures. If you think about it who is going to clean them if you don't? For contracted transport the responsibility for cleaning should be stipulated in the contract.

Regards,

Tony

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users