• IFSQN Associate
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 03 April 2015 - 06:19 PM

Food Safety Management System (2.1.3) 

Do we need to have every element accounted for (i.e. 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, etc...) to comply?  Here is what I have to comply with SQF 2.1.3:

1.      Policy Statement                                                                                                               2

2.      Scope of Certification                                                                                                       2

3.      Management Responsibility                                                                                             2

4.      Food Safety Plan                                                                                                               3

5.      Food Safety Fundamentals (Prerequisite Programs)                                                        3         

6.      Document Control and Records                                                                                       3

7.      Corrective and Preventive Action                                                                                     4

8.      Control of Non-Conforming Product                                                                                5

9.      Product Identification & Traceability                                                                               5

10.  Internal Audits                                                                                                                  6

11.  Food Defense                                                                                                                    6

12.  Product Release Program                                                                                                 6

Appendices

1. List of Products Covered Under Scope of Certification  
  2. Organizational Charts
  3. Site Plans
  4. Facility Descriptions

What am I missing?  Please Help!

SpursGirl

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 117 posts
  • 83 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 03 April 2015 - 08:13 PM

Yes - you need to show you comply with every element of the SQF code. If you cannot demonstrate compliance you will get a non-conformance.

I go through every clause of the code and against it I note how I demonstrate complaince. I have this on a spreadsheet which is a bit of a long job to set up initially but once it is in place it is a really useful reference document - particularly during the audit where you need to clarify particular points.

S

Thanked by 1 Member:

MRCRSHART

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 03 April 2015 - 08:31 PM

SpursGirl -- 

Thanks for your insight....in that case, I'll touch every clause...i'm setting it up as a snap-shot of what is in the complete procedure of that clause...like a synopsis of it...i don't know if that's the right direction or not...

and you're right...its tedious!  

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users