• 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Latvia
    Latvia

Posted 27 April 2015 - 01:41 PM

Hello,
I have  two question:

1) We have BRC certificate, but we don't understand more things, for BRC 7 version we should to by:
BRC Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 7 UK Hardcopy Version   But in bookshop we can get for free electronic version, PDF form, it will be enough for audit?

or 
BRC Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 7 Interpretation Guideline UK Hardcopy Version  we should to buy it, it is obligatory?

In training said that we should to register BRC participate,  we registered, but we can't see nothing. We dont know what should to do?

I look forward to hearing from you!

gfdoucette07

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 167 posts
  • 112 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food safety, QA, sharing my knowledge. Farming, growing, life

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:52 PM

I had also requested information on this forum about your questions number 1.  I do not know of the thread but yes the PDF hard copy I am told will sufice for an audit. I contains all the exact information of the hard copy or electronic copy but will not allow any copy, paste, or other type functions.

2) Interpitation guides are not mandatory or required, lots of companies find them helpful however. 

3) BRC particpate is a PAID connection that gives you access to the electronic BRC V7 manuals, interpiation guides and I believe a few other items. But simply registaring for it does not grant you these things.

This information is all only to my knowledge and not based on actual BRC fact.  However I hope it helps

G

Thanked by 1 Member:

mgourley

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,412 posts
  • 999 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Cooking, golf, firearms, food safety and sanitation.

Posted 27 April 2015 - 05:01 PM

The big advantage to BRC Participate is contained in clause 1.1.7 (Issue 7):

"The site shall have a genuine, original hard copy or electronic version of the current Standard available and be aware of any changes to the Standard or protocol that are published on the BRC website."

If you subscribe to BRC Participate (for about the cost of what the hard copy costs), any changes will be available there.

Marshall

Thanked by 1 Member:

Koko LMQ

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 122 posts
  • 28 thanks
Neutral

• Thailand
    Thailand

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:21 AM

Only registration on BRC Participate cannot access all materials, you have to pay 95£/ year.

Free e-file BRC7 standard is acceptable for auditing and Interpretation is not mandatory but it is useful for audited sites.

NY

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users