Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 30 April 2015 - 02:58 AM

my company never had a food poisoning case, but i need a method to investigate food poisoning step by step. so if its happen, i already have the knowledge how to investigate food poisoning.

thank you.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:23 AM

my company never had a food poisoning case, but i need a method to investigate food poisoning step by step. so if its happen, i already have the knowledge how to investigate food poisoning.

thank you.

I think WHO ( and other organisations)  issue a standardized protocol/checklist for this but the implementation for an actual outbreak is usually within the Regulatory Domain, by Law.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 2 Members:

xylough

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 149 posts
  • 154 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:"Foodie" stuff, dogs, family, horticulture, natural sciences

Posted 30 April 2015 - 05:39 PM

Rainer,

I agree with Charles! Epidemiology is under the perview of regulatory and requires tremendous education and experience credentials. However, I am wondering if you mean rather, the investigation of a claim of injury/illness as part of a customer complaint and feedback program. This category of investigation is often required by various standards, e.g., by GMP audit standards or GFSI bench-marked scheme standards. The gist of such an "investigation" is to contact the complainant and collect as much data as you may concerning their complaint with a view to due diligence, problem and satisfaction resolution, and for purposes of continuous improvement. Of course, the instant the information the complainant provides gives an indication that your product may have caused a food borne illness or injury, that's the time to escalate the urgency and action to notify the proper channels as required by internal company program policy and plans; by external regulatory and legislative mandates. If this is what you mean, let me know and I will find a sample document for you.

Kind regards

Thanked by 1 Member:

rainer Imanuel

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:01 AM

xylough,

thank you for your advice. and yes can you give me the sample document.

best regards,

xylough

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 149 posts
  • 154 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:"Foodie" stuff, dogs, family, horticulture, natural sciences

Posted 02 May 2015 - 12:27 PM

Rainer,

I have attached a sample/example of a customer complaint/feed-back survey form. This one was intended to capture information from the customer from the most simple complaint to the most serious claim of illness or injury. It was also intended to help investigate and document all, demonstration of due diligence, contact information, problem and satisfaction resolution, CAPA, root cause and continuous improvement analysis. It contains the gist of what needs to be documented in order for upper management to make determinations, to track and trend, discuss in HACCP or Food Defense meetings and or to turn over to the company's insurance and law firms, to aid and augment initiation of recall/withdrawal and inform regulatory jurisdictions. If you find it of any use, feel free to adapt any part of it you wish for your facility.

Kind regards

Attached Files

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users