Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:50 AM

Systems still talks about the bacterial contamination of Vegetables and Fruits. Procedures talks about sanitization of salads..!!!

But what is the reality..? all such items are enough to kill the human by its poisonous chemical pesticides hazards...!!!

Think..., how many of us depends the expensive organic products...!!! but still our records says sanitizing by using chlorine and peroxides...!!!!

Why should we fool ourself...!! feeling confused...!!!!

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:25 AM

Systems still talks about the bacterial contamination of Vegetables and Fruits. Procedures talks about sanitization of salads..!!!

But what is the reality..? all such items are enough to kill the human by its poisonous chemical pesticides hazards...!!!

Think..., how many of us depends the expensive organic products...!!! but still our records says sanitizing by using chlorine and peroxides...!!!!

Hi ismu,

Don't Worry, it's all "BS" -

Attached File  sbr.jpg   10.22KB   1 downloads

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:My Dogs (Beagles),Gardening, SciFi, Video Games (WoW, D3, HoS, PvZ), Classical Music, Legal Stuff, Science Stuff. I'm a Geeky Nerd.

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:06 PM

Hello ismu:

There are several ways to sanitize vegetables and fruits that cannot be heated.  Chlorine containing solutions and hydrogen peroxide are good materials to use because after they have done their job, they evaporate and leave no hazardous residue.

Hydrogen peroxide is actually water that has been super-oxygenated.  Once it releases the oxygen, which kills or inactivates pathogens, it turns back into water.  And the oxygen just blows away.

Chlorine dioxide is the "chlorine" that is put into drinking water.  It's made using oxygen and salt. It is approved by the FDA for food use.  It releases the oxygen that inactivates the pathogens, then the chlorine dissipates, which leaves nothing on the produce.  It is a problem in an enclosed building, because the vapors can accumulate and be hazardous to the workers, but there are ways to make sure that it is safe.

Both are accepted and very safe.  Much safer than getting the food borne infections.

Martha

"...everything can be taken from a man but one thing:  the last of the human freedoms--to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."  Viktor E. Frankl

"Life's like a movie, write your own ending."  The Muppets

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,599 posts
  • 369 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:24 PM

Hi ismu,

Don't Worry, it's all "BS" -

attachicon.gifsbr.jpg

I'm confused, Charles. What's all BS? 

Organics?

Baterial contamination?

I really get that sometimes what the general public is upset about is sometimes (often) overblown, but this response someone actually trying to do the right thing is not helpful.

-Setanta         

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:31 PM

Hi Setanta,

Perhaps we had different interpretations of the OP.

As I understood, it's objective was to promote a return to wholly natural foods.

http://en.wikipedia....Brussels_sprout

On the other hand, the reported health-related incidents attributed to fresh produce of recent years would also seem  to justify the use of control measures as referred in post #2.

I deduce that the OP believes that all such control measures render the product unsafe for consumption.

Perhaps the OP would like to validate their viewpoint ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,599 posts
  • 369 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies