Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1286 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:50 AM

Nua Naturals has recalled the following product because salmonella has been detected.

Product details:
Organic Chlorella Powder with BioCultures
Size: 140g
Batch code: 140319, 140512, 140114

Source FSA here

Recall Notice

You may be interested to know that this product was recalled in Ireland 3 weeks ago:

Additional Batches of Organic Chlorella Powder Recalled by Nua Naturals Due to the Presence of Salmonella Rissen (Update 1) Wednesday, 29 April 2015

Question is why did it take so long to recall in the UK?

Quality Ben

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 85 posts
  • 16 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Food Safety, Quality, Laboratory, Technical Issues, Water Activity and Migration, VITAL, Allergens, Fresh Produce, Post Harvest, Cold Smoked Fish, Non Pasteurised Caviar, Cook/Chill, Listeria Hunting & Eradication/Environmental monitoring programs, Small-Goods, HACCP, Continuous Improvement, Problem Solving, Risk Mitigation, Listeria.spp., High Risk, Chemistry, Cleaning and Sanitation, Biosecurity, Consultancy, Training, Process Control

Food Safety = Science + Culture

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:37 PM

I read this as 'cholera powder'...and was confused why there was a recall....how did it make it to production  in the first place, who in sales and marketing thought that would be a good idea?  I didn't say I was surprised  :rofl2:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users