• Quick Navigation
Photo

Maintaining Documentation in a Locked Office?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

brianweber

Brian

• IFSQN Senior
  • 293 posts
  • 114 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Cheese, Coffee, Golf, Scrabble, Food Safety, HACCP, BBQing

Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:48 PM

I'm being led down 2 different roads and am looking for some clarification. All of our quality documents, HACCP plan, Hazard Communications, training records Supplier Surveys, analytical testing results etc... Do they need to be in a locked office? I have heard both arguments as to why/why not but can not find anything in stone to go off of. Any insight would, as always, be GREATLY appreciated.

Brian

mgourley

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,403 posts
  • 997 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Cooking, golf, firearms, food safety and sanitation.

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:33 PM

I don't know of any food safety standard that requires the items you mention to be locked up.

In fact, most standards require that those documents be "readily available" to whomever needs them.

Do you want last weeks production records, analytical results, etc. to be left out where they can be tossed in the trash? Of course not.

I think simple document retention policies would suffice. If people are demanding they be locked up, that's fine, but just make sure that they are available when they are needed.

You don't want to have to explain to a regulatory body that the document they require is not available because the person with the key to the office is on vacation.

Marshall

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users