• IFSQN Member
  • 93 posts
  • 17 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 30 June 2015 - 03:58 PM

Hello,

We have been tasked with providing specific training for the operators in charge of our CCPs. How detailed should this training be? All operators are long time employees and know how to fill out the CCP record sheets accurately. I am looking for how much detail would be needed on a training sign-off sheet.

Thanks.

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:07 PM

Well what I did was record the CCPs being done and showed them at our monthly training.  At the time we only had 2 different styles of metal detectors that were CCPs so it was two short videos.  There was a PowerPoint on CCPs that explained what they are, why they are what they are, and what would violate a CCP (not done on time, not done by procedure, etc).

You could have a typed up training and have them read and sign off on it I suppose but we have one hour training sessions every month so we do it during one of them.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,610 posts
  • 371 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:12 PM

Hi, Mr. I :doctor:

We have metal detectors as our CCP. I have trained the operators who actually DO the testing. The others in the area get annual training as to why it's done, what happens with a failure, how it is performed. They all sign off somehow on this training

-Setanta         

qalearner

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 93 posts
  • 17 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:16 PM

Alright, that helps. I can come up with a form that details what a CCP is and why it needs to be filled out correctly. 

gfdoucette07

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 167 posts
  • 112 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food safety, QA, sharing my knowledge. Farming, growing, life

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:36 PM

Doesn't hurt to have them physicaly demonstrate to you during your training both operating as it should then as a failed check so they know what to do in that senario too.  See that they can do it w/o flaw as most auditors/USDA staff will want to see it executed.  In my previous meat plant experiance they could exlplain and conduct it to the the point of the CCP failing then it was deer meet headlights!! and Im standing there going :doh: you know better

G

Appendix G

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 23 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:32 AM

My mentor interprets BRC 7 as requiring documented competency reviews.

As such, we have a "quiz" associated with our monitor training and follow up with a review/audit.  

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users