• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 02 July 2015 - 01:29 PM

Hi All,

Can someone give me a practical definition of "function responsible for calibration". Is it the person? department? procedure? I am stymied.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:16 PM

Hi All,

Can someone give me a practical definition of "function responsible for calibration". Is it the person? department? procedure? I am stymied.

hi psbyrd,

Can you supply some more context as to yr query?

Offhand, cannot remember ever seeing word "function" used in this way other than for a black box electronic method for calibrating temperature measuring thermocouples.

Conceptually function can also mean "event" which could be any/all of yr OP. :smile:

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

psbyrd71

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:43 PM

Hi Charles, Thanks for the quick reply. I am working on Measuring and monitoring documentation for our fssc 22000. We are using Vinca as our guide to setting this up. One of the criterion in the Equipment Calibration List is to document the "Function Responsible for Calibration." I probably need to ask them, as I did not see the term used in the FSSC 22000 code either.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:51 PM

Hi Charles, Thanks for the quick reply. I am working on Measuring and monitoring documentation for our fssc 22000. We are using Vinca as our guide to setting this up. One of the criterion in the Equipment Calibration List is to document the "Function Responsible for Calibration." I probably need to ask them, as I did not see the term used in the FSSC 22000 code either.

Vinca sounds Italian. Lost in Translation ?.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

psbyrd71

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:13 PM

Sorry, Vinca is the VINCA Online Training Center the company we are using to guide us through the FSSC 22000 Program. They provide us with training and templates.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users