• 81 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Animals, Garage Sales, Tea Cups, Antiques and Disney

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:19 PM

Hi,

We just finished our first facility audit (recommended for Level 2 certification w/ 89%) WOOHOO!  One of the OFI's received as follows:

13.7.3.1 Managing Foreign Matter Contamination Incidents

The Control of foreign matter procedure SQF-014 indicate that to prevent glass from entering any raw material, Light bulbs on the production floor are covered by a safety shield, if a bulb happens to break the shield will contain the glass. If the break is not contained as planned all open finished product near the break will be ground and labeled as 2nd dirt re-grind to be sold to an outside vendor for recycling.  Area where break happened will be cleaned immediately.

All product produced is and packaged immediately into a plastic bag with clean new cardboard between each layer and sealed once bag quality is completed to ensure that all foreign matter is able to containment the finished product.

It would be beneficial for the plant to implement a form that will document the glass breakage incident.

so after searching the site I was able to find a lot of procedures and processes on how to handle broken glass, but what I need help with is exactly what do people put on the actual incident report? I under stand the concept of an incident report, I am really just looking to compare what I want to put on mine with what others are doing.

Thanks in Advance!

Loni

Thanks,

Loni

gfdoucette07

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 167 posts
  • 112 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food safety, QA, sharing my knowledge. Farming, growing, life

Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:43 PM

Here is an example I came up with last fall, modify at your leisure. They are 3/ page

Attached Files

CMHeywood

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 119 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 08 July 2015 - 02:54 PM

What, where, when and how it happened.  Record time, lot number, machine number, etc.

What areas, materials or machines were contaminated.

How areas and machines were cleaned and approved to put back in production.

Disposition of any material and who approved.

Any test results that show how you approved your action plan and resolution.

Record any side issues such as an employee getting cut (now you have blood contamination issue to resolve).

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users