• IFSQN Associate
  • 31 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Kiribati
    Kiribati

Posted 07 July 2015 - 02:45 AM

Hi all;

Please need assistance as part of our corrective action, for the above, we have non-compliance because we do not have a risk assessment for our documented scheduled program for in-house and external testing based on risk.

We followed all regulation of our local and export customer which we base the frequency and tolerance limits, so I would like to ask for your assistance when we are to do correct this based on risk...how do we do it?

Does anyone want to assist would appreciate.

MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:My Dogs (Beagles),Gardening, SciFi, Video Games (WoW, D3, HoS, PvZ), Classical Music, Legal Stuff, Science Stuff. I'm a Geeky Nerd.

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:47 PM

You need to show somewhere that the risks that are in your HACCP plan are countered by your testing.  If you have an Environmental Monitoring program, a standard testing of the product, or any other kind of product testing, then in the document that requires that testing you can mention the risk that you identified that the testing takes care of.  You can have an overall document that states the risks that you have identified for your product and how that has determined what testing you are doing.  You can put your testing into your risk assessment document, saying that it counters the risk.  But only saying that you selected your testing schedule based on rules and regulations is not enough, because those regulations may not be enough to prevent all the problems that are at your facility.

Hope that helps.

Martha

"...everything can be taken from a man but one thing:  the last of the human freedoms--to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."  Viktor E. Frankl

"Life's like a movie, write your own ending."  The Muppets

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 07 July 2015 - 03:24 PM

Hi all;

Please need assistance as part of our corrective action, for the above, we have non-compliance because we do not have a risk assessment for our documented scheduled program for in-house and external testing based on risk.

We followed all regulation of our local and export customer which we base the frequency and tolerance limits, so I would like to ask for your assistance when we are to do correct this based on risk...how do we do it?

Does anyone want to assist would appreciate.

Hi ennyk,

I deduce you wish to show that the frequency/tolerances  used  can be described as “risk-based”

The attachment in this post (eg pgs 13-14)  offers one possible  method –

http://www.ifsqn.com...ate/#entry56043

An example of its use is discussed in Marshall's thread  here –

http://www.ifsqn.com...nts/#entry58503

This approach obviously assumes that yr currently chosen sampling/testing procedure is not  "unreasonable". :smile:

PS - if you have no idea as to how to choose a sample, some starting thoughts are in these posts/threads  but IMEX the details are likely to depend on yr specific situation -

http://www.ifsqn.com...col/#entry69547

http://www.ifsqn.com...ery/#entry77823

(and the following posts)

PPS - it is obviously also possible to design a conventional  risk matrix if you have the skill, similar to trubertq's nice layout for internal audits in another thread.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

ennyk

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 31 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Kiribati
    Kiribati

Posted 08 July 2015 - 02:31 AM

hi Martha and Charles;

Really appreciate your assistance on the topic, i think i know now where to start. wish me luck, 3 more days to 21st day of CA!

Cheers.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users