• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 17 July 2015 - 06:37 AM

Hi,

We are a bakery (low care) and have the new BRC V7 being implemented and we have a sticking point - if you can help that would be great!

Our normal SOP is goods in staff wear the same as food production staff (white overalls and site captive boots) as we have to walk through the factory to get to the intake/delivery points outside. We are having new areas built which will mean this still applies but they will have their own 'stores' area once they have got changed with everyone else so majority of their day will be spent outside the open food area but still with 'stored ingredients' - can I leave them in whites and make them put a coat on when they go outside? Or should they be in different PPE completely so we can spot them?

Anyone else have factories like this?

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

:-)

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:30 AM

Hi Sarah, I’m not quite clear on what has changed.  So at the moment they wear white overalls and site captive boots, but do they currently go outside?  If so what do they wear currently...a coat? Are you saying the new areas will change the risk?

It is possible to have clearly defined walkways through areas (based on risk assessment) that allow personnel to transfer from one area to another without changing work-wear etc., but personally I find adding ‘allowances’ and ‘special dispensation’ complicates things and thus makes it harder to manage.

Regards,

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users