Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 361 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 23 July 2015 - 03:22 AM

Hi all, i'm being queried by auditor about the compressor air used to blow (Open up) plastic bag before  our product fill into it. Auditor throw me some comments as following:-

1.  Gases intended for direct  product contact shall be from a source approved for contact use

2.  Oil used for compressor and there is potential for the air to come into contact with the product, the oil shall be food grade.  

As such,  anyone has idea how do i reply to auditor, or appreciate anyone who has expertise in air compressor put in comments on this. Tks in advance   

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,599 posts
  • 369 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:07 PM

You will need to get the air analyzed. And you will need to get it certified.  This is not uncommon. You will also need to track filer changes...Trace Analytics does ours and I think they advertise on this site.

-Setanta         

consulti

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 20 September 2015 - 01:25 PM

Hi Carine,

You have to get all the air coming in contact of the food or the supporting services analyzed through a external lab or internally at a set frequency ( frequency can be set after validation) and monitor the same.

Regarding the oil, if the oil is not coming in direct contact of your food should be fine, but if in case there are chances of oil coming in contact with the food item than you need to use a Food Grade oil for the motors.

Thanks 

Consulti

She_Tap

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 14 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• Bolivia
    Bolivia

Posted 10 February 2016 - 12:59 AM

Maybe its too late, sorry, but I recently I entered to this fantastic site. My experience with this services is: We have diagram flows for its generation, because, the generators needs some other services and lubricants (like oil), its very commun in this systems have filters, usually are three, one is carbon filter (for odours), another is microbiological filter, and the oil filter. This filters have to change in  a frequency recommended by supplier (generally is in hours), besides the supplier give you documents that support the use. The change of the filters have to be in some control system of your FSMS
So, after this, you can apply the other recommendations (Verification and Validation)
Regards. 
Sincerely ST 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users