• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:13 AM

Hello everyone

I must admit that this forum have almost what we need to find about quality and safety management system. As a student and going to graduate, im building an HACCP plan for an vegetable edible oil product of a local company for my thesis.

This product is the result of the chemical refining process which includes crude oil,degumming, neutralizing, bleaching and deodorizing.

Assuming that we have quite comprehensive prerequisite programs, and after identifying and analyzing many hazards, Ive decided that the CCPs would be the crude oil specifications which means the receiving step, and the deodorizing step which is the main step to kill bacteria and micro-organism, in addition it also helps to decompose some kinds of allergen presenting soyabean oil.

Please, i need advices of some experienced guys about this. Is there any other CCPs still presenting there? Or did i determine a worng CCP? Could bleaching stage be determined as a CCP? And if deodorizing will help to reduce the allergens, do anyone know how much percent itll be reduced? Thanks a lot!!! 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:23 PM

Hello everyone

I must admit that this forum have almost what we need to find about quality and safety management system. As a student and going to graduate, im building an HACCP plan for an vegetable edible oil product of a local company for my thesis.

This product is the result of the chemical refining process which includes crude oil,degumming, neutralizing, bleaching and deodorizing.

Assuming that we have quite comprehensive prerequisite programs, and after identifying and analyzing many hazards, Ive decided that the CCPs would be the crude oil specifications which means the receiving step, and the deodorizing step which is the main step to kill bacteria and micro-organism, in addition it also helps to decompose some kinds of allergen presenting soyabean oil.

Please, i need advices of some experienced guys about this. Is there any other CCPs still presenting there? Or did i determine a worng CCP? Could bleaching stage be determined as a CCP? And if deodorizing will help to reduce the allergens, do anyone know how much percent itll be reduced? Thanks a lot!!! 

Hi George,

Thks for yr query and Welcome to the Forum ! :welcome:

Decisions as to Prequisites vs CCPs are a common haccp headache. And often vary according to Industries.

Maybe try this thread and the attachments within -

http://www.ifsqn.com...lls/#entry62443

PS - The Fedoil haccp philosophy (vis-a-vis iso22000) is attached in this post (the thread contains a tortuous conversation over haccp for edible oils :smile:  ) -

http://www.ifsqn.com...oil/#entry89148

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users