• IFSQN Member
  • 81 posts
  • 19 thanks
Neutral

• Kuwait
    Kuwait

Posted 01 August 2015 - 06:51 AM

Dears,

Our external auditors recommended to placing a hand wash basin at the raw material receiving area in order to prevent contamination from receivers hand to raw materials. However, I may be wrong; which I couldn’t agree more. BTW what are your opinion guys?

Thank you,

Dv8

Mulan1010

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 249 posts
  • 139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:55 PM

We had a similar issue but did not have the facilities available to install a sink with out a major construction project.  As an alternative we chose to implement a foaming hand sanitizer at the raw receiving area that is considered comparable to hand washing in a sink and it has been accepted.  We did do some in-house APC swabs of before using and after to show it was effective.  We did the same tests before and after regular hand washing to show the results were comparable. After the testing was completed we did type up a Risk Assessment for SQF to justify the unit. - We use Ecolab so we use their EcoCare 360 solution.  I am sure there are others available; just make sure they are approved for the food industry and not just for the medical sector.

Thanked by 2 Members:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 11 August 2015 - 10:36 PM

Hi Dv8,

Never saw this post first time around. Thanks Lee Ann.

IMEX, it is more common to use a (glove)  dip-sanitizing station in this area. Typically a standalone  unit, eg tripod + basin with solution/ hypochlorite. Crude but reasonably effective.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

dv8dawn

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 81 posts
  • 19 thanks
Neutral

• Kuwait
    Kuwait

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:42 AM

Thank you Lee Ann & Charles.

Wow, that was very useful and explanation was also simple.

Due to space restrictions at the receiving area, I would prefer to go with a portable standalone unit and will do APC swabs test to know the efficiency as well.

BrianPilot

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 November 2015 - 12:39 AM

Hi Dv8,

Never saw this post first time around. Thanks Lee Ann.

IMEX, it is more common to use a (glove)  dip-sanitizing station in this area. Typically a standalone  unit, eg tripod + basin with solution/ hypochlorite. Crude but reasonably effective.

Following a glove dip station, do you have to wait a required amount of time before using equipment? 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users