• IFSQN Associate
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:17 PM

Hello all,

My name is Valerie.  I majored in Food Science at North Carolina State University.  I have a B.S. and a M.S. in food science.  I am a HACCP Coordinator for a company in North Carolina and joined because I don't have many resources available to me and wanted to be in an environment of like-minded individuals to throw problems and/or ideas to, ask for advice, etc.  I know a lot of you have much experience in the food industry and sharing ideas will be fun.

brianweber

Brian

• IFSQN Senior
  • 293 posts
  • 114 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Cheese, Coffee, Golf, Scrabble, Food Safety, HACCP, BBQing

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:42 PM

Welcome Valerie, you will love it here! Best forum i have ever been on. Very well monitored and everyone is respectful and a plethora of knowledge!

Brian

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:14 AM

Hello and welcome to the forums Valerie.

:welcome:

Although I'm the owner I do agree with Brian and it is people like Brian and the hundreds of others who make it so.

Regards,

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Thanked by 1 Member:

dv8dawn

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 81 posts
  • 19 thanks
Neutral

• Kuwait
    Kuwait

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:48 AM

Welcome to the team!  :spoton: 

RajaBD

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 35 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Soccer (Football), Cricket, Cooking

Posted 03 August 2016 - 03:26 PM

Hello Valeria,

I am new in this network. Recently I moved from the UK to the USA and working for a Dry blend spice company. During our SQF desk audit, we got a major nonconformity in HAZARD ANALYSIS that we have to send corrective action within 14 days. Please see the attachment for our process flow and hazard analysis. I was wondering if you would help me. We use sodium nitrate for curing (only one curing product). 

Thank you.

NON-CONFORMITY FROM AUDITOR

(Major) The Hazard Analysis for the Spice blends did not identify Biological, Chemical or Physical hazards for each step in the process. Receiving and storage of packaging materials is not addressed in the flow chart or hazard analysis. At ambient receiving it does not address the potential for nitrite toxicity as nitrite is received and is used in the product or allergens. The plan addresses that ambient storage has the potential for growth of pathogenic organisms but is controlled through storage is ambient temperatures. Ambient temperatures do not control growth of pathogenic organisms. The facility has identified control of allergens at ambient storage through a subsequent step but it is controlled by storage at this step. Reworking of product step does not address physical contamination. Packaging and Labeling does not identify allergens as -some of the products contain allergens.

Attached Files

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: New member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users