• Quick Navigation
Photo

BRC V7 Clause 5.4.2. Vulnerability assessment help!

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

ElaineMcM

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 27 August 2015 - 12:39 PM

Hi all

I am currently working through section 5.4. of the BRC V7 standard. I am trying to complete the vulnerability assessment for our raw materials. We produce prepared vegetable products (i.e. vegetables filled with various crumb based toppings and cheeses). We grow our own vegetables and purchase the additional crumb toppings pre-prepared from our supplier (who is now certified under BRC V7), therefore we have a very simple production process.

My question is as follows; seeing as we do not mix the toppings ourselves, do I have to go through each of the ingredients in the crumb and evaluate their individual risk of fraud/adulteration even though our supplier will have done this as part of their own assessment as the manufacturer? I would still need to evaluate the risk of fraud by our actual supplier separately.

Thanks in advance!

clbernard

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 20 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 August 2015 - 02:39 PM

You could make it part of your supplier approval and evaluation program whereby they share with you their assessment, but it does not remove your responsibility to review and make sure they are doing a good job and keeping it up to date.  So often any paperwork obtained from suppliers is considered part of a checkoff list, yep got that-check, and the evaluation part is lacking.

trubertq

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 658 posts
  • 281 thanks
Excellent

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 27 August 2015 - 03:35 PM

I'd ask them for their assessment and have it as part of your supplier approval as clbernard suggested.

They shouldn't have a problem sharing it with you since if you were to do your own evaluation you'd have to find out THEIR suppliers anyway.I can't see how you could evaluate the risk from their product otherwise...

I'm entitled to my opinion, even a stopped clock is right twice a day

Vinit

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 14 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 07 September 2015 - 09:01 AM

You just go through below link it's will defiantly help u (Vulnerability Assessment (VACCP)  :spoton:

http://www.ifsqn.com...ent/#entry93077

Regards

Vinit

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BRC, Vulnerability assessment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users