• IFSQN Member
  • 54 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 28 August 2015 - 05:32 AM

Hi Good Day,

I am new to this company.It manufactures paper boxes for pizza..I have prepared the flow diagram and found two ccps.

Can someone advice me whether i am on the right track or not.

Regards,

Charu Tyagi

Attached Files

RMAV

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 407 posts
  • 122 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:QA, Micro, Sanitation;
    Meats, Juice, Condiments;
    SQF, Audit, and aviation

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:14 AM

What is the identified hazard that you associate with your CCPs?

charu13

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 54 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:38 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

The first hazard I am considering is Moisture content of the paper at receiving stage.Because high amount of moisture in paper may lead to microbial population.It is going to be used for packing pizza.

Second CCP I am considering is after die cutting.Workers will be manually sorting good and bad products.So this is the last stage where will be checking that no bad products go in final packaging in LD Poly.

I have come to this conclusion after doing lot of study of the process.But from where to get validation material.Still confused whether am right or not.I can share with you hazard analysis sheet also.

Regards,

Charu Tyagi

clbernard

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 20 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 30 August 2015 - 09:40 PM

Not sure what the hazard is related to the visual inspection and if it warrants status as a CCP.  What is the significance or impact of the 'bad' boxes as related to human health?

What moisture level have you determined is acceptable for the paper?  What microbes will grow in this paper if it is higher than that level, will the paper be usable at that higher moisture level?

You may not have any CCP's.

charu13

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 54 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 31 August 2015 - 05:12 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the enlightenment.Even it good products are mixed with the bad product still it will not harm any health or i can make its oprp.Moreover some other thoughts coming to my mind.During off set printing inks are mixed with ethanol and water.So the ratio of each one them should be accurate.If this ratio is not accurate composition of ink can be wrong and hence migration chances are there because pizzas at ultrahigh temperature is placed in the box.

Secondly after auto laminating if curing is not done proper then,chances of bad odor is possible.So making sure is curing is done proper.

Any suggestions from the members.

Regards,

Charu Tyagi

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 31 August 2015 - 12:09 PM

Hi Charu,

Offhand, from yr flowchart, the various chemicals look feasible safety-related CCP candidates if in (eventual) potential food contact and have sufficient toxicity/migration characteristics.

Some actual data would be required to validate.

Maybe some inspiration might come from here -

http://www.iopp.org/...cfm?pageid=2267

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

clbernard

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 20 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 31 August 2015 - 03:15 PM

Please remember that a CCP relates to serious impact to human health.  An off odor would not qualify as a food safety issue but rather a quality issue.  And some people do incorporate both into a HACCP process but quality CCP's would be identified differently than those for food safety.

As for the ink, don't forget that you can control some of these hazards with letters of guarantee from the suppliers.  Additionally don't the boxes have some type of barrier on the interior surface in order to make them food grade that could potentially protect from some of this?  

I really like the link that Charles provided; it should provide you with some great guidance

charu13

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 54 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:23 AM

Hi,

The boxes have a layer of food grade which comes in the direct contact with the pizza.

While doing the hazard analysis,if no ccps are there instead all comes out OPRP.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users