• IFSQN Member
  • 166 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2015 - 08:13 AM

Hi 

Advise needed please to see if I am on the same planet......

I understand the annual review requirements for BRC and what needs to be captured, however 1.1.4 of brc requires minimum monthly recorded meetings to highlight Food Safety, Legality and quality issues which is fine.

Would people agree the contents should be 

3rd party audit results

non conformance

Complaints

Hygiene (covering pest control)

Internal audits

Other issues relating to Food Safety, Hygiene etc.

Would you also agree in this meeting it would be good to get a whole management team together to discuss:

HR

Finance

Operations

H&S

Comments needed please 

Thanks

APS  :spoton:

Thanked by 1 Member:

Tim.Marsh

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 23 September 2015 - 05:16 PM

Hi APS,

I'm guessing there will be a few variations on the theme.  We cover all the things mentioned in the first list, also maintenance and production / operation development plans.  Where there have been staff changes (or notification of), we will determine the impacts on the rest of the business (ie, hiring or switching roles).

The items in your second list are covered in a weekly meeting (primarily finance).

For context, we are a relatively small business (25 production staff / 40 total).  

Cheers,
Tim

gfdoucette07

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 167 posts
  • 112 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food safety, QA, sharing my knowledge. Farming, growing, life

Posted 23 September 2015 - 05:25 PM

Here is an example of our monthly business meeting, it is usually myself (food safety manager), plant manager, maintenance manager, director of HR and director of Operations.  We to are a small plant (32 people).  Hope it helps

G

Attached Files

Thanked by 4 Members:

Leonard C Mapiye

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 7 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:12 PM

Hello Aps,

Yes all those can be discussed incl. HR, Finance, Operations, H&S as they have a bearing on resources allocation for the maintenance and improvement of food safety & quality. However, what this section requires is to provide feedback to management in order to enhance food safety and quality control by at least looking into:

1. GMP - both where there is lacking & also where the teams are doing well,

2. Internal black bag audits (daily, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly) - sectional audit report review, trending NCs either by object type or incident type.

3. Customer complaints - with trending,

4. Engineering issues - resolutions, effect on product safety/quality,

5. Maintenance issues,

6. Cleaning & sanitation

7. Facility & equipment

8. Compliances

9. Customer specific requests/expectations/suggestions/solutions

10. Budget/cost

11. Team - challenges, growth/strength, etc

12. Industry sector issues: recalls, standards, regulations, etc

All the can constitute your monthly meetings agenda depending on the type of products you process and other environmental issues. This is a nutshell, more could be looked at on a monthly basis. Just make sure you do not keep looking at 3rd party audit feedback every month since most of them are conducted once per year and would be ideal for discussion during annual meetings.

Thanks,

Leo

Regards,

Leo

Thanked by 1 Member:

Cristina L

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 23 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Romania
    Romania

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:55 AM

Hi All,

We are a big company with diferent locations and activities. It has two BRC plants, one general manager( the owner of the company), one deputy general manager, one food safety and sanitary-vererinary division manager,  one food safety and quality manager, and every plant has its own plant manager. And each plant has its quality responsible, maintenance responsible, production responsible,  In this case quality manager has weekly meeting with the food safety divison manager, this meetings have no evidence. My question is, the quality manager must meet  and have evidence of the meeting with general manager or deputy gereal manager or with every plant manager, so every month meet twice, one time with the team from one plant and other time with the team from second plant?In this case the gereral manager or his deputy are not included. Please give me some help to clear this, because until now the food safety and sanitary veterinary division manager was having meetings with general manager or with his deputy every month and discuss general issue, not particulary for each plant. It is ok to continue like this or must change like I explain above, with meetigs for each plant?

Many thanks.

Cristina

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users