• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 23 October 2015 - 08:51 AM

Hi,

With regards to the nutritional labelling requirements for December 2016, can someone please confirm or otherwise, regarding the below.

From my understanding nutritional labelling should be applied to all packed foods that are going to retail & catering services where food is prepared to be ready for consumption (restaurants , hospitals, schools, burger vans etc)

This will need to be supplied to each individual finished product bag.

If product is supplied to the direct user who will turn our finished product into another finished product it is not applicable as specifications support this nutritional information.

I was queried about this & now doubting myself. So apologises if this is generally question.

Many Thanks

Rouwenhorst

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 15 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Netherlands
    Netherlands

Posted 23 October 2015 - 11:01 AM

The direct user (consumer) will turn it into a different finished product ?

Anyway, I think you do need to put it on each individual bag due to the fact that your product can be deemed as for human consumption and when someone buys to modify and sell their product they won't use your packaging and if they do they're in the wrong?

Maybe I'm on a completely different path but this is what it seems like to me...

cheese17

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 23 October 2015 - 11:08 AM

My apologises, not overly clear am I.

I meant that if another manufacturer buys our cheese & then turns it into a ready meal pizza or lasagne and then packs it into their own packaging for onward sale. We do not need the nutritional on there?  

If it went direct to the restaurant we do need the nutritional on there?

Rouwenhorst

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 15 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Netherlands
    Netherlands

Posted 23 October 2015 - 11:39 AM

Well I would say it depends on the relation with the other business, once you've already sent them product specifications they've already got all those details.

Of course doesn't apply to the other labelling, just the nutritional info can be witheld if they've already got it.

If you're just selling to a customer which happends to be a restaurant who hasn't requested/received specifics  then yes I would label every individual package always.

cheese17

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 30 November 2015 - 04:37 PM

Thank you for your help on this one.

Is there a general rule how often we need to conduct nutritional analysis once this is declared on packaging? Is it advisable for annual testing or theoretical testing acceptable.

Many Thanks.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users