• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:23 PM

Good Day All,

I work for a small IT Consulting firm in the United States, one of our latest clients (flexible packaging firm) has won a large contract with at large company to supply them with flexible packaging bags.  We are providing them their ERP system and they asked us for help on getting them HACCP "certified".  I used to be an (IT) auditor so I got "volulntold" to assist.  I have looked at the initial form that was posted, "Example HACCP Plan for a Food Contact Packaging Manufacturer" and found it as a good base.  Any type of advice would be appreciated.  My client does not make food, only provides the packaging.

Brad

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 29 October 2015 - 12:46 AM

Good Day All,

I work for a small IT Consulting firm in the United States, one of our latest clients (flexible packaging firm) has won a large contract with at large company to supply them with flexible packaging bags.  We are providing them their ERP system and they asked us for help on getting them HACCP "certified".  I used to be an (IT) auditor so I got "volulntold" to assist.  I have looked at the initial form that was posted, "Example HACCP Plan for a Food Contact Packaging Manufacturer" and found it as a good base.  Any type of advice would be appreciated.  My client does not make food, only provides the packaging.

Brad

Hi  Brad,

Welcome to the Forum ! :welcome:

It might help if you posted the form you refer on the forum so people can offer their comments. Or provide a link if the form is on the forum already.

The method of attaching documents is described here if not immediately obvious -

http://www.ifsqn.com...ion/#entry90036

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

bradraz

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 October 2015 - 12:34 PM

http://www.ifsqn.com...&attach_id=1177

This is the form that Simon posted in March of 2009

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 29 October 2015 - 03:01 PM

Hi Brad,

It’s good, and so are the excellent hygiene procedures which came with it. But, as noted by Simon in a later thread, the Plan was created quite a long time ago. It’s direct usefulness may depend on yr current objective, eg  the detailed requirements of  yr intended Packaging Safety Standard. Just a comment, Packaging not my area.

You may also find it interesting to look at the appropriate model haccp Plan on this website –

http://www.iopp.org/...cfm?pageid=2267

(The general approach looked quite good to me except for the lack of a Severity/Likelihood  step and the application of the CCP procedure to every step, just my opinion. The decision tree looked partially inferior to the tabular procedure.)

One obvious difference is the number of CCPs but this depends on the specific process. And the specific risk assessment.

Personally i prefer the risk matrix approach to the CCP-question table but it's optional. :smile:

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

bradraz

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 October 2015 - 03:24 PM

Where are the "the excellent hygiene procedures which came with it"?  Is there another post?

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 29 October 2015 - 03:42 PM

Where are the "the excellent hygiene procedures which came with it"?  Is there another post?

Hi Brad,

See the zip file available in this post -

http://www.ifsqn.com...mpany/#entry220

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users