Dr.Khan

DR

• IFSQN Senior
  • 314 posts
  • 132 thanks
Excellent

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Food, Reading technical information,provding technical help in QA,R&D,staff Training, products and processes optimisation, watching documentaries and making presentations
    AM available as consultant in Quality Assurance, Product & process development/ optimisation, staff training and trouble shooting in complex manufacturing Environment

Cal me on +61411588329 to discuss your requirements.

Am available for International Assignments

Posted 11 November 2015 - 01:24 AM

I would like to create ingredient based excel sheet and link it with batch code scanner. 

I need some help in formatting the excel sheet so when a staff member scan the batch code it will automatically  find it place against the relevant product.

for example if we have receive flour than the scanned batch code will automatically display against the relevant flour.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

Humaid Khan

Philip @ Safefood 360°

Philip @ Safefood 360

• Corporate Sponsor
  • 105 posts
  • 35 thanks
Good

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:55 PM

Hi Kumaid,

I assume you have a very long list of ingredients in an Excel spreadsheet. This is open on a computer in your warehouse which has a simple barcode scanner attached to it.
To save the receiver some time in locating the row with the ingredient being received, you would like to be able to scan the barcode and be taken straight to that row in the Excel spreadsheet.

Correct me if my assumptions are wrong, but this is what I am understanding from your post. 

Barcode scanners are typically set to emulate keyboard input. So at the simplest level, you could click CTRL & F  in Excel, scan the barcode and hit enter to be taken to that row.

Or, you could have a cell at the top of the screen which is used as the barcode input, and when that is updated a Macro could fire to essentially do the same thing as above.

In summary what you may be attempting to achieve is very straight forward.

HTH.

Dr.Khan

DR

• IFSQN Senior
  • 314 posts
  • 132 thanks
Excellent

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Food, Reading technical information,provding technical help in QA,R&D,staff Training, products and processes optimisation, watching documentaries and making presentations
    AM available as consultant in Quality Assurance, Product & process development/ optimisation, staff training and trouble shooting in complex manufacturing Environment

Cal me on +61411588329 to discuss your requirements.

Am available for International Assignments

Posted 11 November 2015 - 11:42 PM

Hi Phillip

Thank for your reply. You have understand my requirements correctly. It appears that I do not need any formatting of the excel sheet.

Do I have to put the cursor in the cell in front of the product name or just press CTRL & F any where in excel and press enter and computer will automatically take it to the designated row?

can I use cell A1 as a barcode input cell and then when the ware. Put the cursor in A1  then the micro will take it the designated row?

My issue is that when some one receive several supplies at the same time. Then warehouse staff does do not have time to run back and forth to shift the cursor from cell to cell to ensure that the barcode belong to the specified product.

Regards

Humaid

Philip @ Safefood 360°

Philip @ Safefood 360

• Corporate Sponsor
  • 105 posts
  • 35 thanks
Good

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 12 November 2015 - 09:29 PM

1. CTRL & F (anywhere in sheet)
  2. Scan Barcode*
  3. Press Enter Key

This should do it.  :smile:

I guess I don't need to tell you that this is a pretty crude solution to incoming goods receiving but if it works for you..!

*As mentioned most barcode scanners, particularly the ones that connect straight to computers via USB cables simply emulate keyboard input. If yours does not do that, then it might require a little tweaking but I would be surprised if that was the case.

Thanked by 2 Members:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users