• Quick Navigation
Photo

5.2.1 in relation to secondary packaging information?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
- - - - -

DavidAR

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 116 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:57 PM

Greetings all,

Were looking at launching a new product range which will be branded packs in to a branded case.

The individual packs contain cooking instructions that include time / temperature etc.

For the secondary packaging (the case) sales department are looking at using more sumamrised instructions with 6 simple picture sysmbols explaining those steps but without the detailed important points that would be on primary packaging.

Would this be an issue? the information on case would not be used by the end user persay but rather the packs inside would be. unless end  user bought entire case or packs if this makes sense.

Way i understand it, information generated for case and pack comes from spec which we have and should be essentially the same, but they are adament about using symbols diagrams and leaving out the more important detailed aspects of instrcutions that ARE printed on the individual packs themselve.

gfdoucette07

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 167 posts
  • 112 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food safety, QA, sharing my knowledge. Farming, growing, life

Posted 18 November 2015 - 08:47 PM

David,

That's a good question...I have seen it both ways I guess.  Like you mention the consumer normally uses a single package but could by a bulk case.  My opinion and only that is abbreviated instructions should suffice if they are further printed on the primary package.  If someone know best I would be curious to know.

G

DavidAR

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 116 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 19 November 2015 - 08:35 AM

thanks for reply, i guess i shall wait  and see :)

greener40

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 25 November 2015 - 09:06 AM

Hi David

Don't forget that the packaging has to conform to the FIR regs which includes cooking directions

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users