• 13 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Poland
    Poland

Posted 12 April 2016 - 08:26 PM

Hello Everyone,

I've got question about

1) how to calculate nutritional value per 100g when I have information per 100 ml for example, 100 ml apple juice  or milk what nutritonal value  is per 100 g

2) how to calculate nutritional value for example orange juice concentrate. If i know nutritional value diluted 100% orange juice can I multiply it by concentration level and I receive nutritional value concentrated juice?

Maybe someone know nutritional value concentrated orange juice 66 brx, concentrated apple juice 70 brx, concentrated tomato juice (30 brx)

I would be greatfull for your answers.

Thanked by 1 Member:

w.weber

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 39 posts
  • 15 thanks
Neutral

• Germany
    Germany

Posted 13 April 2016 - 08:59 AM

Hello Lucky,

1) how to calculate nutritional value per 100g when I have information per 100 ml for example, 100 ml apple juice  or milk what nutritonal value  is per 100 g

2) how to calculate nutritional value for example orange juice concentrate. If i know nutritional value diluted 100% orange juice can I multiply it by concentration level and I receive nutritional value concentrated juice?

Maybe someone know nutritional value concentrated orange juice 66 brx, concentrated apple juice 70 brx, concentrated tomato juice (30 brx)

to 1) you can do the switch , if you know the density, means fill 100ml into a glass and weigh it. Than you have the density in g/ml. Than divide you values by the density and you get the nutritional data per g

to 2) at least this is a good approach. But if you loose important components during concentration you have to have this also in mind. During my former days for fine food I did this the way back from concentrate to normal juice or tomatoe purree.

Sorry, I don't have any value you have asked. But for my purposes I find the

quite well.

Yours

Werner

Thanked by 4 Members:

lucky86

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 13 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Poland
    Poland

Posted 16 April 2016 - 08:22 PM

Dear Werner,

Thank you for your answer. I have one more interesting topic with nutrition value.

How to calculate the nutritional value vegetable broth prepared as follows;
1) vegetables cooked in water
2) ejection vegetables
3) after ejection vegetables leaves only vegetable broth ( what nutritional value have)???

Second interesting topic is how to calculate nutritional value
cutlet breaded fried in oil??

moskito

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 412 posts
  • 85 thanks
Excellent

• Germany
    Germany

Posted 17 April 2016 - 04:49 PM

Hi Lucky86,

for declaration purpose you have to use the units which fits to the products as is, i.s. in the nutrional table you have to use for juice "per ml" acc to FIR.

If you need the number for production purpose you have to recalculate by density as Werner wrote.

Rgds

moskito

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 18 April 2016 - 06:13 AM

Hi lucky,

A second option to the previous posts is to send the samples to a lab. and use actual data.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

lucky86

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 13 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Poland
    Poland

Posted 28 June 2016 - 09:17 PM

Hi lucky,

A second option to the previous posts is to send the samples to a lab. and use actual data.

Yes, you are righ but this the simple solution. Sometimes in creating products I have to change ingredients or ad some after consumer test. It is good to know how to calculate nutritional value because with good excell you can in one minute see results if you ad some ingredients.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 28 June 2016 - 09:59 PM

Yes, you are righ but this the simple solution. Sometimes in creating products I have to change ingredients or ad some after consumer test. It is good to know how to calculate nutritional value because with good excell you can in one minute see results if you ad some ingredients.

Hi lucky,

Yes, i totally agree.

If one can do the execution.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Julz

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 38 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 29 June 2016 - 12:12 AM

Hi Lucky,

I use the Nutritional Information Panel Calculator on the Australian and New Zealand Food Standards Code to obtain any data I require.  Some of the ingredients have been added to the data base, and I think you will find orange juice concentrate in the list.  This program only calculates the mandatory nutritional values required by our code.

http://foodstandards...troduction.aspx

I am not sure if this link will work.  Copy and paste into google and it should work.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users