Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 22 April 2016 - 07:23 AM

Good afternoon. I'm Chay, new member and is currently working as Management Representative in an Integrated Management System (ISO 9001/ISO14001/OHSAS 18001) and GMP (PAS 223) certified company.

Need guidance on these matters:

1. Currently, our Surveillance Audits for IMS and GMP are done separately. Is it advisable to simultaneously do it? What are the pros and cons. By the way, only a portion of company's product line is being certified with GMP.

2. What's the difference when you say management system and programmes? Is GMP a management system?

Thanks for the help :-)

Sabina C. V. Alexander

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 22 April 2016 - 02:46 PM

Hello Chay,

I am very new to Food Safety as my background is Environmental Analysis however I recently join a manufacturing company and trained as the new SQF Practitioner. I've had similar questions  What's the difference when you say management system and programmes? Is GMP a management system? Here's what my reading has lead me to conclude:

What's the difference when you say management system and programmes?: I have come think of the System as including all the programmes. So your pest management programme, GLP, maintenance programme, waste management programme, allergen control programme would all be part of you Management System
Is GMP a management system? In may company, unfortunately, GMP are regarded as something akin to a good hygiene practices programme. I on the other had have come to see Good Manufacturing Practices as a System that should include all your programmes:
-Document Control                 -Training                    -Good Laboratory Practices       -Maintenance           - Pest Management              -Cleaning/Sanitation              -Internal Auditing
-Allergen Control                    - Hazard Analysis        - Good Hygiene Practices           -Recall Programme          - Waste Management            etc.

In short I think all programmes should be geared towards showing Good Manufacturing Practices
Hope this is helpful

Thanked by 1 Member:

chichay

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 26 April 2016 - 12:02 AM

Good morning Sabina, thanks for the reply. :-)

Tamale

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 73 posts
  • 36 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 27 April 2016 - 01:17 PM

Chichay,

I would conduct a GMP audit before the IMS audit. This way you will have an opportunity to go over your GMP's and correct any non conformance before the IMS audit. 

Keep in mind that IMS audits are increasingly difficult to pass because of the new point system. Also keep in mind that the sole reason for the new point system is to weed out and eliminate under performing suppliers.

As far as management system vs. whatever systems, dont concern yourself too much with ISO type bureaucracy, it does not have any added value. Just make sure you have the policies and procedures to get the job done according to the standards you are held to.

Hope this helps!

Tamale

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users