• IFSQN Associate
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 02 May 2016 - 05:02 AM

Hi All,

I have been the QA manager for an apple orchard (conventional and organic) and packhouse for just over a year. I was pretty much thrown in the deep end because it's the first time I've worked in this industry, however I have loads of office experience.

I wish I stumbled across this network way earlier!! I find it really helpful, some of the templates are great.

We are located in Australia and are certified to SQF V 7.2, Global GAP v4.0_2, Australian Certified Organic, Woolworths V 8, Coles & TESCO for our export Pink Lady's.

The Quality Manual is pretty outdated with it's layout - and I'm not really confident enough to completely overhaul it myself at the moment... This forum is quite helpful, however I will be working with a consultant when we do update it. The information in it is still relevant, probably just needs updating.

Do any of you have any tips or advice? Anyone else in the Apple production/processing business? 

Thanks!!

K

Dr.Khan

DR

• IFSQN Senior
  • 314 posts
  • 132 thanks
Excellent

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Food, Reading technical information,provding technical help in QA,R&D,staff Training, products and processes optimisation, watching documentaries and making presentations
    AM available as consultant in Quality Assurance, Product & process development/ optimisation, staff training and trouble shooting in complex manufacturing Environment

Cal me on +61411588329 to discuss your requirements.

Am available for International Assignments

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:43 PM

Hi NBQSM

It is great that you have been trusted with this important task.

Am also in Australia and though have little experience in farm production  except living close to Orchard producing kiwi fruits and visiting apple production farm while in New Zealand.

Having said that am will to help and have sound experience in developing, implementing and management of WQA, BRC, and HACCP systems.

It is important that your Quality system management team has broad knowledge of your operations and every member is a willing contributor. If you work as a team you will find that your system will operate smoothly.

Kind regards

Humaid Khan

Managing Director

Halal International Services

Beverly Hills Australia

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:14 PM

Hi NBQSM(K),

Welcome to the Forum ! :welcome:

Thanks for the kind words.

With all those certifications, you must be doing most things pretty well already !

By "Quality Manual" do you include Safety-related aspects or are they in  a separate haccp manual ? ( I'm not in Apples or Australia but i know Woolworths / SQF have somewhat corrupted "pure" haccp by throwing in non-safety options).

Primus seem to be quite popular in the US vicinity for Packinghouse operations.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 12 May 2016 - 06:18 PM

Welcome to the IFSQN NBQSM.

If you have specific questions feel free to start a new topic and I'm sure you'll receive plenty of good advice from the members.

:welcome:

Regards,

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users