• Quick Navigation
Photo

Is it acceptable to recall everything from customer?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

carine

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 361 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 15 May 2016 - 03:37 PM

hi all,

We were unable to trace our finished product plastic packaging when delivered to each customers. I was wondering is it acceptable to RECALL  EVERYTHING fr customers site? 

Dr Vu

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 235 posts
  • 51 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:Action movies...

Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:17 PM

It is acceptable but shunned upon. It shows you have very weak traceability system .

A vu in time , saves nine

Dr.Khan

DR

• IFSQN Senior
  • 314 posts
  • 132 thanks
Excellent

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Food, Reading technical information,provding technical help in QA,R&D,staff Training, products and processes optimisation, watching documentaries and making presentations
    AM available as consultant in Quality Assurance, Product & process development/ optimisation, staff training and trouble shooting in complex manufacturing Environment

Cal me on +61411588329 to discuss your requirements.

Am available for International Assignments

Posted 15 May 2016 - 10:22 PM

Dr Vu

It depends n the issue. If the food safety is the issue then yes it is not only acceptable but mandatory to recall all the packaging from the customer. In fact if any product packed into the faulty packaging then it should be subjected to mandatory product recall.

However if food safety is not an issue then recalling of all product from the customer would be sufficient.

It is though would not be much appreciated.  You need to review your trace-ability system  to make it more effective.

Kind regards

Dr. Humaid Khan

Managing Director

Halal International Services

Sydney Australia

We work Globally

carine

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 361 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:28 AM

Thanks for the comments. I must admit we have a weak traceability systems. I would appreciate if anyone willing to share their plastic bag/ film  traceability system to me in order for me to improve mine system. Tks in advance  

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 16 May 2016 - 08:00 AM

Thanks for the comments. I must admit we have a weak traceability systems. I would appreciate if anyone willing to share their plastic bag/ film  traceability system to me in order for me to improve mine system. Tks in advance  

This seems to be connected to yr previous post in, i suppose, a related thread -

http://www.ifsqn.com...ty/#entry101652

Maybe it would help if you could  detail why yr current Traceability procedure was unsuccessful ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Wowie

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 56 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Anything outdoors, Reading, Backpacking, Traveling, Good Friends, Good Drinks, Good Music

Posted 16 May 2016 - 05:33 PM

As Charles mentioned, knowing exactly where the missing link is would help us give you more sound advice.

There are two ways I've handled film. One, using the suppliers lot numbers (or create your own if you have an inventory management system that does this for you). There should be a document showing the film being received in (Delivery information, quantities, etc) along with the film inspection (verification that the film is what you need, the film matches the customer spec, and nothing has been tampered with). From there, use a form to note when film from each lot number was issued to a customer, as well as if film was returned. So, if the film room attendant or a Supervisor removes 4 rolls for a day of production, and returns 1/2 at the end of the day, your form should show the date, who issued the film, how much went to the floor, how much was returned to inventory, what line(s), and product(s) it was used on.

If you want to go with a little less documentation that will still help you narrow down when each is used, you can do a daily/weekly inventory of each film and the lot number of that film. You will still "recall" more film than you likely received in, but it shouldn't be all of the product you sent to a single customer, as it allows a way to distinguish approximate dates of use.

carine

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 361 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 17 May 2016 - 01:40 AM

Hi Wowie,

Thanks for the input. Our traceability system get stuck when changing film while production continuous running, we couldn't trace the plastic bag from different batch no and how much of product being packed.       

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users