• IFSQN Associate
  • 48 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 May 2016 - 08:56 PM

Hi all,

I got a pasteurizer that essentially heats and mixes product as product moves along an auger.  I have the thermocouple probes tested for accuracy and have the "calibration" certificate on file for these. 

My machine has pressure gauges for regulating water pressure inside the system.  My question, do I have to calibrate the pressure gauges?  I don't directly see these as affecting the overall process, but I'm not sure what is generally acceptable throughout the industry.  Also, what about the auger speeds?  I can see the speeds being more critical since it is one of the critical limits of the process.  Though, I'm not sure what risks are present for the speeds being out of calibration.  This is something I'm not familiar with. 

Thank you all.

imsosa

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 20 May 2016 - 02:19 AM

Hi,

I suggest you go through your quality parameters and see which of your machine functions have something to do with each parameters. It is essential that gauges, controllers, etc. should be calibrated on a regular basis especially when it has something to do with the overall quality of the product. During audits, auditors will look at quality plans, parameters, etc. then they will check its calibration. For augers, do you have defined parameters during operations? if yes, then have it calibrated. If none, and you have justified that it doesn't affect quality, it doesn't require calibration (unless your client requires you to do so)

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users