• IFSQN Active
  • 23 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 17 May 2016 - 03:56 AM

Hello,

I would like to ask what are the necessary R&D documents to provide in every product starting from the raw to finished goods. Thank you!

Lorbi  :helpplease: 

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:55 AM

Hi Lorbi,

Here are some typical procedures/forms that I have related to product development:

Attached File  Product Development Folder.png   237.74KB   199 downloads

Kind regards,

Tony

Lorbi

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 23 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:58 AM

Hi Lorbi,

Here are some typical procedures/forms that I have related to product development:

attachicon.gifProduct Development Folder.png

Kind regards,

Tony

Hi Tony,

So basically, the documents that we need to ask from our R&D are:

(1) Product design and development procedures

(2) Product Development Plan

(3) Product specifications

The specifications of the finished products mostly fall in the no. 3 document, right?

Are the process flow and relevant procedures and steps fall in no.1?

How about the specifications of the raw materials and in-line specifications? In what document should they belong?

What are the infos that are in no.2?

Thank you,

Lorbi

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:56 PM

Hi Lori,

Without knowing your structure specifications can originate from NPD but are then approved by the quality/technical department. I include them as an NPD department will need to produce a product specification at some stage. For me they will also need to provide a process specification and raw material specifications if a new material (which would also then be subject to supplier assurance procedures).

Depending on the changes there may be a need to revisit the HACCP study etc. as well.

Kind regards,

Tony

Lorbi

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 23 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 26 May 2016 - 08:47 AM

Hi Lori,

Without knowing your structure specifications can originate from NPD but are then approved by the quality/technical department. I include them as an NPD department will need to produce a product specification at some stage. For me they will also need to provide a process specification and raw material specifications if a new material (which would also then be subject to supplier assurance procedures).

Depending on the changes there may be a need to revisit the HACCP study etc. as well.

Kind regards,

Tony

Hi Tony.

What is NPD?

Lorbi

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:33 AM

Hi Lorbi

New Product Development

Kind regards,

Tony

sangle

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 50 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:The Muny, fishing, working in my flowerbeds

Posted 08 January 2019 - 02:27 PM

Good morning,

I am in need of some information regarding research and design.  We are a manufacturer of composite fiber cans.  The customer supplies labels.  We do not fill cans.  We have been approached by a potential customer to make a can for them.  We already make this size can for another customer.  The potential customer will require a different liner than we currently have in stock.  Our company is small (less than 50 employees) so we don't have an R & D department or team.  

I am hoping from this vast pool of knowledge someone will be willing to share some questions we should be asking and answering.  Are we even suppose to do an R &D?  

Thank you for  your time and attention

Shanna

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: R&D, products, development, documents, documentation, research, specifications, necessary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users