• Quick Navigation
Photo

BRC v5 - trademarked materials. Disposal.

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic
- - - - -

fraser.graham

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2016 - 10:56 AM

Hi group,

We are implementing BRC v5 and a new change is related to the trademarked materials, in our case the self adhesive labels, IML labels or shrink sleeves that we apply to the rigid plastic containers.

Do you have any thoughts or experience on what is audit acceptable for "rendered unusable through a destructive process". At one end of the scale would be to shred the materials before being land filled, the other would be to just remove from the backing paper as this is then un-usable.

Cheers

Fraser

www.rpc-superfos.com

imsosa

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:41 AM

Hi,

I suggest you shred the items. In our company, we ensure that brands are not readable before hauled. This to secure product integrity and avoid any misuse of the rejected or non-conforming items.

Hope you find this useful.

Thanks, 

Irish

Malar

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 01 June 2016 - 03:47 AM

Hi Irish,

My auditor requested for prove of descriptive process and methods to scrap too.

She also requested for legal contract indicating the products will be shred to protect the integrity . >You know auditors<

Agreed with Irish.

Thanks,

Hemala

Thanked by 1 Member:

Foodworker

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 353 posts
  • 234 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 16 June 2016 - 07:48 AM

I have seen shredding used quite a bit, but I have also seen variations on overprinting, commonly being put through a rewinder using a heavy duty permanent marker.

Polin

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 40 posts
  • 9 thanks
Neutral

• Greece
    Greece

Posted 04 July 2016 - 01:46 PM

hello everyone,

we are converters of flexible packaging too (printing, laminating, bag making). We send substandard trademarked materials (non conformities and/or returns from customers), to a licenced company for destruction (recycling), with reporting the product codes on the delivery note.

The auditors requested records for proving the destruction of the trademarked materials. So we start to keep records with the sign of the recycling company and the stamp "destructed", on the delivery note. Auditors are ok with this.

I hope to help 

Polin

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users