• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:26 PM

Hello,

Question:  Under SQF, a conveyor must be covered even if it is used to move empty glass/plastic from a bulk pallet to the washer? there is nothing above and the transit time is around 3 minutes between the glass/plastic bulk pallet and the washer. Heat and filtered air is apply in the washer.

Thanks,

Katerine

ncorliss

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 63 posts
  • 17 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:47 PM

I think if you can show through validation of cleanliness after washing, you may be able to write this in your risk assessment that a cover in that area isn't necessary. I would write as such and explain to the auditor your justification. If you have data to suggest the washing method produces safe and clean product, this would be reasonable.

Thanked by 1 Member:

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,665 posts
  • 1139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 13 September 2016 - 01:55 PM

You won't find the answer to your specific question in the SQF manual. However, you will find that protecting product, materials, etc is mandatory of course.  I would suggest you run a risk analysis taking in the surroundings (not just what is above) like is the conveyor low on level with people walking, air factors, etc and of course where the conveyor goes (washer.)

It should not be an issue, back you need the backup documentation as "verbal don't go."

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: conveyors, cover, packing material

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users