• IFSQN Associate
  • 31 posts
  • 11 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 04 July 2016 - 09:51 AM

Hi all

In the facility where I work we have a policy of no make up, perfume, jewellery etc. in the clean, I've been asked the question of fake tan, where do we stand on this. 

Does anyone have any thoughts/ideas of where we stand with this, we produce nutritional supplements

Thanks

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,849 posts
  • 726 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 04 July 2016 - 11:12 AM

I would say as it can't be washed off easily (or at least takes several days or weeks to do so I believe) I don't see the risk.  (I'm not a fake tanner so please correct me if I'm wrong!)  :gleam:

It has always puzzled me the stance of some factories on no make up.  Why?  What is the risk with light make up?  Ok, you don't want fake eyelashes but really, honestly, is it worth annoying (at least) your female staff by saying "nope, nothing"?  It's akin in my view to saying all male staff must be clean shaven.  It seems like overkill.

QAGB

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 685 posts
  • 262 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 05 July 2016 - 12:04 PM

Hi all

In the facility where I work we have a policy of no make up, perfume, jewellery etc. in the clean, I've been asked the question of fake tan, where do we stand on this. 

Does anyone have any thoughts/ideas of where we stand with this, we produce nutritional supplements

Thanks

Hi Wrighty,

That is a great question. We've not really had to deal with fake tans causing any problems, and I'm not aware of any production workers actually wearing it in my facility. I suppose you would need to take more care than usual in a clean room, but I would think in that sort of environment there would be more PPE being worn anyway. At the least, the places where skin would contact product would be thoroughly washed and covered, and if fake tan does wash off easily, would be noticed. Otherwise, I'm not so sure how you could tell it was fake tan unless you went around asking each employee and hoping to get an honest answer.

QAGB

wrighty

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 31 posts
  • 11 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 05 July 2016 - 12:44 PM

Hi

thanks for your responses, in fairness I'm at the same conclusion, but we keeping getting asked the same question from production regarding this issues.  The person concern is orange so its pretty obvious its fake tan unless they've OD on beta carotene.   

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users