• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United Arab Emirates
    United Arab Emirates

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:30 AM

Dear mates,

What's are the differences between differnet HACCP approaches e.g CAC HACCP, NACMCF HACCP, European HACCP (Dutch HACCP, UK HACCP), Australian/NZ HACCP...if any?

Thnaks in advance

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 31 July 2016 - 07:16 PM

Dear mates,

What's are the differences between differnet HACCP approaches e.g (1) CAC HACCP, (2) NACMCF HACCP, European HACCP ((3) Dutch HACCP, (4) UK HACCP), (5/6) Australian/NZ HACCP...if any?

Thnaks in advance

Hi Mohamed,

Yr query has a rather large scope.

I expect the CAC one = Codex.

I'm not directly familiar with all 6 "species" but I predict there are 3 main roots in yr list, ie 1-3.

IMO most of the ones in yr list probably derive from Codex(1), NACMCF(2), Dutch(3) -- Nos 4,5,6 are probably oriented to (1) (I'm guessing).

(1,2) were theoretically, conceptually "harmonised" in mid 1990s although there are still some differences, eg (2) includes control points and lists PRP options. Some of the definitions, from memory, are also slightly different, eg Validation.

I have not used Dutch HACCP recently but it's probably quite similar to (1,2)  but with a few individual characteristics (guessing again).

Do you have any specific areas of interest ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

mohamed gamal

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United Arab Emirates
    United Arab Emirates

Posted 01 August 2016 - 06:56 AM

Hi Mohamed,

Yr query has a rather large scope.

I expect the CAC one = Codex.

I'm not directly familiar with all 6 "species" but I predict there are 3 main roots in yr list, ie 1-3.

IMO most of the ones in yr list probably derive from Codex(1), NACMCF(2), Dutch(3) -- Nos 4,5,6 are probably oriented to (1) (I'm guessing).

(1,2) were theoretically, conceptually "harmonised" in mid 1990s although there are still some differences, eg (2) includes control points and lists PRP options. Some of the definitions, from memory, are also slightly different, eg Validation.

I have not used Dutch HACCP recently but it's probably quite similar to (1,2)  but with a few individual characteristics (guessing again).

Do you have any specific areas of interest ?

Hi Charles, Many thanks,

you are right, CAC is codex 

All you mentioned is right 100 %, thanks again, but I still need further and deeper info, as I am working on a project on different HACCP approaches but I got no source on that topic when googling it 

Thanks again 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 01 August 2016 - 10:48 AM

Hi Mohamed,

Do you mean different in the sense of historical development or different in the sense of current application ?

If the latter meaning, I suggest there are two main lines, namely that of Codex - HACCP and ISO - HACCP respectively.

If above is correct interpretation I can probably find some information. Pls inform.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

mohamed gamal

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United Arab Emirates
    United Arab Emirates

Posted 01 August 2016 - 11:29 AM

yes, it is 

I mean technical differences, differences in application 

thanks in advance

mohamed gamal

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United Arab Emirates
    United Arab Emirates

Posted 01 August 2016 - 11:34 AM

Hi Mohamed,

Do you mean different in the sense of historical development or different in the sense of current application ?

If the latter meaning, I suggest there are two main lines, namely that of Codex - HACCP and ISO - HACCP respectively.

If above is correct interpretation I can probably find some information. Pls inform.

yes, it is 

I mean technical differences, differences in application, requirements, etc

thanks in advance

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 03 August 2016 - 07:34 AM

Hi Mohamed,

Sorry for delay but had to look through some archives.

As previously noted I think there are 2 main lines regarding Global HACCP implementation, principally derived via Codex/NACMCF(CN) and ISO22000, ie  –

(1) Codex/NACMCF
(2) Dutch HACCP (eg GMP+)/ISO22000-ISO22004/FSSC22000

Operationally from a  HACCP POV, ISO22000 re-orients the Codex/NACMCF (CN) concept of HACCP so as to (hopefully) remedy certain perceived limitations of the CN approach. Notably this involved an adjustment from the CN emphasis on “finding CCPs” to focus more on control measures. Particularly  demonstrated by the invention/introduction of OPRPs (the concept of OPRP has an analogy in Dutch HACCP).

I anticipate you are familiar with the detailed application of No1 as laid out in their well-known HACCP publications. Accordingly I have focused on the HACCP differences between ISO22000 and No.1.
(It should be noted that ISO22004 also contains some excellent material  intended to clarify various HACCP aspects of ISO22000).

I have attached 3 documents which discuss the HACCP objectives (et al) in ISO22000 and the differences with respect to CN (et al).

Attached File  iso1 - ISO22000 - FAQs.pdf   239.11KB   30 downloads

Attached File  iso2 - ISO 22000 & Codex.pdf   323.78KB   36 downloads
Attached File  iso3 - ISO22000 Certification with respect to BRC-IFS.pdf   698.81KB   34 downloads

Subsequently the PRP aspect of ISO22000 has been further modified via  the introduction of  FSSC22000 but afaik the basic ISO-HACCP philosophy remains unchanged.

PS - Maybe HARPC will be a 3rd Line.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 2 Members:

mohamed gamal

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United Arab Emirates
    United Arab Emirates

Posted 04 August 2016 - 09:41 AM

Thanks a lot charles, it's clear enough, I'll read these 3 valuable texts, come back to you (if you don't mind), if any question 

just small question; CN means? children nutrition? 

Much Regards,

Gamal

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV