• IFSQN Active
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 22 August 2016 - 02:43 PM

Happy Monday,

I've dug through the forums a bit, and haven't found quite what I was looking for.  However, if there is an on-topic post, please just direct me there.

I'm the QA at a small (60 employees) fruit processing plant.  We do everything with pen and paper - and we do it pretty well - but I'm looking for some options to improve upon that.  Like most things that cost money at a small company, I know I'm going to meet some resistance, so I'm working collaboratively with our plant engineer to see if we can find something that will meet our Corrective Action Program (CAPA) needs from both a food safety/quality side and an industrial safety/equipment repair side. 

We already have quality software, and have the ability to add traceability modules to our inventory management software.  I'm not opposed to something that does all these things, but the essentials I'm looking for right now are CAPA, internal auditing and document control.  I've looked at SafeFood360 and watched the youtube videos, and we've looked at a couple other options.  I was wondering if anyone had experience with using one of these systems for industrial safety, repairs on the processing line, or any other application alongside their food safety application. 

Thanks for any advice you can offer.  I'm sure you all know what it's like pitching ideas like this, and I'm trying to do all the work I can on the front end!

Mandy

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:11 AM

Hi Mandy,

What is CAPA ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 2 Members:

mkelly320

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:24 PM

Sorry, Charles.  I guess most on here are calling it CAP (Corrective Action Program) or CAR (Corrective Action Report).  CAPA would be Corrective Action/Preventative Action.

Hm.  Is there a way to change my topic, or would it be better to start another thread?

Edited by Charles.C, 23 August 2016 - 03:43 PM.
title/text OP adjusted, hopefully OK

lwong

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:44 PM

Hi Mandy,

Like you, our company was looking for a good document control management system to be able to support our ginormous amount of documents that we needed to control on a daily basis. Our company is so pleased with the food safety management software that we chose, it has literally saved us countless hours of looking for the paper trail in the hard copy format now it is just a click away!!  :happydance:

I would highly recommend, Safefood 360!!! Request a demo and I promise, you will not be disappointed! Safefood 360 does more than just manage your documents. It has over 30 modules that you program to fit your company needs and the software integrates all the programs together so when you make a change in one program it will automatically make the adjustment to other programs that are affected by the change. Safefood 360 has:

HACCP Module- for HACCP planning and hazards

Management Module for all programs such as Auditing, CAPA, Complaints, Management Review etc,

PRP module -all things related to PRPs which includes: Calibration, Cleaning, Contamination control, Maintenance, etc

Monitoring module: Monitoring, Receiving , Batching

Safefood 360 will always keep you GFSI compliant, audit ready, and is so user friendly!! You will have an amazing Safefood 360 team supporting you because Safefood 360 has this out of this world customer support!!

Just a side note, we had our first SQF Level 2 certification and we were very successful and much of that was because we had Safefood 360 implemented and everything was a click away!! We have implemented Safefood 360 for 10 months now and everyday, I come to work with a smile because I do not have to run around looking for paper, I just click away as Safefood 360 manages and maintains my Food Safety Management system!!  Safefood 360 Rocks!!  :band: 

Go to: http://safefood360.com/

Check out this link, that I also made a reply to:

http://www.ifsqn.com...o-many-choices/

I hope that helps you out in making your decision,

Lisa

Thanked by 2 Members:

ganderson64

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 45 posts
  • 9 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 30 August 2016 - 04:05 PM

Mandy,

I work for a very small start-up operation. We wanted to do things right from the start and went with VERSE Solutions: http://www.versesolutions.com.

Powerful cloud-based system that provides everything you need for compliance and the document control module is excellent along with everything else. No - I'm not a paid supporter  :shades:

Susan Fitzsimmons

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:57 PM

Hi Mandy 

You may have found a solution by now but you could check out AuditComply with it's full CAPA management workflow. You can build your full internal audit programme on the system with your own scoring and grading. 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users