Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 12 September 2016 - 01:17 PM

HI to all the meat folks out there, does anyone have any updates on inside information on proposed changes as they relate to the safe food for Canadians new regulations?  Things have gotten suspiciously quiet from the front lines....... 

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 12 September 2016 - 02:28 PM

HI to all the meat folks out there, does anyone have any updates on inside information on proposed changes as they relate to the safe food for Canadians new regulations?  Things have gotten suspiciously quiet from the front lines....... 

Hi scampi,

SFCA ?

Did you just make that up or there really is such a labelling terminology/Organisation ? Including age groups ?

Could be the start of a trend.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 12 September 2016 - 02:43 PM

I wish I had made it up. Its new Canadian regulations that have been drafted and came into force in 2014; the Safe Food For Canadians Act. We are in the middle of a complete re-write of ALL food regulations; plan is to have a single set of regulations instead of the 12 Canada currently has......and with that comes major headaches. Things are also changing from prescriptive (ie. you must chill in this way in this much time in a room that is x temperature) to operator can do whatever they chose, IF you can validate your end result. The plan is to also change inspection training so that all CFIA inspectors can inspect ALL commodities which is not what currently exists.

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 12 September 2016 - 08:18 PM

I wish I had made it up. Its new Canadian regulations that have been drafted and came into force in 2014; the Safe Food For Canadians Act. We are in the middle of a complete re-write of ALL food regulations; plan is to have a single set of regulations instead of the 12 Canada currently has......and with that comes major headaches. Things are also changing from prescriptive (ie. you must chill in this way in this much time in a room that is x temperature) to operator can do whatever they chose, IF you can validate your end result. The plan is to also change inspection training so that all CFIA inspectors can inspect ALL commodities which is not what currently exists.

Hi scampi. Thks for the explanation. Sounds disturbingly like a move towards iso-haccp.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users