We are facing a challenge where we would like to ask you guys some opinion. Let me introduce the company and situation:
Background: Seafood company that process (cut, degutting, clean) fish, prawn, crab and etc. No cooking/heat treatment involve.
Products: Fresh/ Chill/ Frozen Seafood
Challenge: High microbial load (Present of Listeria/Vibrio/Staphylococcus) in products and TPC more than 1x103 for all SWAB test on knife, hand
Precaution steps that we had taken:
1) Proper hand washing method with sanitizer
2) Disposable apron was used
3) Utensils UV sanitizer was used to sanitize knife
4) Daily cleaning of production using food grade chemicals (twice a day)
5) Proper temperature monitoring for production area (<24 oC), chiller (0-4 oC) and freezer (<-18 oC, fast moving <-15 oC)
6) Water quality testing had passed the lab test
What are the other steps that we can take to reduce the microbial load? We had done all the steps that we could think of. Do you guys has any idea to improve the situation?