• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:41 PM

Hello Seniors,

I have a question regarding the allergen colour coding and colour of hoses to be used on production floor.

We have a green colour for allergen in our facility. Our Maintenance personnel wants to change the colour scheme of existing hoses to be cost effective. They would like to use green hoses on production floor for sanitizer. I am having confusion whether to approve or look for other colour. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Lori

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:55 PM

Everyone has a different angle to look at things like this. At our facility, we generally don't include the hose colors or pressure washers in our color code policy. The allergen policy my include cleaning tools such as brushes or pails, labels or food contact equipment, that can be mobile and moved to different areas but stationary hoses are not included.

Gerard H.

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 411 posts
  • 131 thanks
Excellent

• France
    France

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:16 AM

Dear Manthan Patel,

If green is really the colour for allergens, it's better to avoid the decision to buy green hoses. It may save some money now, but this amount is nihil in comparison to all the future discussions - internal and external - and maybe even NCs you will have. The word "you" here is meant in a larger context - your company.

Also from the point of view that he allergen topic has been more and more important over the last years. And the importance will only increase.

I hope to have informed you sufficiently and I wish you good luck!

Kind regards,

Gerards Heerkens

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users