Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 12 October 2016 - 07:11 PM

Hi everyone. I'm hoping i will get lots of suggestions here!  I have sent a proposal up through CFIA to allow us to perform a step outside of what the regulations stipulate. The USDA has a separate set of guidelines for frozen poultry, but Canada does not. I want to package prior to chilling (which is currently not allowed) 

My question is they have asked me to scientifically justify my statement of collecting raw data from 20 production days. I do not want to do more than 20 because I will know on day 2 if my hypothesis is not supported at which point I would cease the trial and resume as per current regulations.  Does anyone have a "scientific" justification for the length of all CCP's within a facility regardless of commodity. All of my CCPs have been validated with the same amount of data.

20 days BTW will translate into more than 300 data points.

Thanks

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:00 AM

Hi scampi,

I doubt there is a routine, cookbook answer to yr question.

Yr query basically seems to be a sampling one.

A meaningful answer will require some knowledge of things like - yr quantitative criteria for validation, ie what you are measuring and how, its acceptable limits, and possibly the degree of confidence to be attached to yr proposal.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:42 PM

I will clarify....all I need to do is monitor temperatures of carcasses prior to packaging and then check the same packages until they are frozen.....I am under zero time contraints. Finished product is roughly 160g each with an open cavity, not MAP packaging-shrink film and shrink tunnel. I'm trying to prove that I can chill them as fast or faster than blast freezing to below 10C then packaging

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users