Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 28 October 2016 - 12:09 PM

I need to prepare a HACCP manual system for "Packaged Drinking Water" for ISO 22000 certification process implementation. Any help would be appreciated!

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 28 October 2016 - 09:38 PM

I need to prepare a HACCP manual system for "Packaged Drinking Water" for ISO 22000 certification process implementation. Any help would be appreciated!

Hi svjanani,

Do you mean a HACCP Plan ?

Please add a little more context, eg type of packaging, source of water, purification process involved..

I daresay you appreciate that some Local Regulatory requirements may also apply.

Or is yr query speculative only, ie you are seeking a possible example of a related haccp Plan ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

SUSHIL

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 162 posts
  • 225 thanks
Good

• India
    India

Posted 30 October 2016 - 02:15 AM

Hello svjanani,

This may be of help to you--

Attached file below  .Also search this forum for haccp for packaged drinking water in the search tab and would like to know if you are using Ozone for disinfection  in the  final step

Attached Files

Thanked by 5 Members:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 30 October 2016 - 09:40 AM

Further details on excel attachment in Post 3 and related thread are available here -

http://www.ifsqn.com...ram/#entry47723

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Athula61

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 31 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Sri Lanka
    Sri Lanka

Posted 01 November 2016 - 04:03 AM

Hi Svjanani,

Attached two files of Hazard Analysis may be helpful for you to prepare your HACCP manual. But it vary on the source of water and the process of purification.

Attached Files

svjanani

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 02 November 2016 - 04:29 AM

Hi svjanani,

Do you mean a HACCP Plan ?

Please add a little more context, eg type of packaging, source of water, purification process involved..

I daresay you appreciate that some Local Regulatory requirements may also apply.

Or is yr query speculative only, ie you are seeking a possible example of a related haccp Plan ?

Thank you for the reply!

We manufacture 1L packaged water bottles, our source water is an open surface water. The raw water first undergoes Multi grade filtration followed by 3 activated carbon filtration, water is softened before ultra filtration. The water then undergoes RO treatment followed by pH correction. Ozone is the final process before filling and packaging.

Yes we do follow the IS 14543:2004 standards.
I am to prepare a HACCP plan .

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 02 November 2016 - 01:03 PM

Thank you for the reply!

We manufacture 1L packaged water bottles, our source water is an open surface water. The raw water first undergoes Multi grade filtration followed by 3 activated carbon filtration, water is softened before ultra filtration. The water then undergoes RO treatment followed by pH correction. Ozone is the final process before filling and packaging.

Yes we do follow the IS 14543:2004 standards.
I am to prepare a HACCP plan .

Hi svjanani,

The details in excel of Post 4 quite well illustrate many of the typical hazards for bottling water.

This recent thread discusses the usage of reverse osmosis and some related CCPs  –

http://www.ifsqn.com...packaged-water/

3 further refs are attached below. The first presents a reverse osmosis et al. flow chart maybe similar to yr own with  suggested CCPs and a brief hazard analysis extract. The 2nd/3rd detail (from a water treatment POV) some basics of HACCP Plan design/monitoring etc and related Validation procedures. Hopefully of  interest.

Attached File  wa1 - Critical-Control-Points in Potable Reuse Systems.pdf   2.38MB   307 downloads

Attached File  wa2 - HACCP-Multi-Barrier Water Treatment.pdf   1.28MB   278 downloads

Attached File  wa3 - Water Treatment - Guidelines for validating pathogen reduction.pdf   1.73MB   266 downloads

The haccp plan format will vary with yr intended FS standard, eg iso22000/Codex and should be adjusted according to the significant (BCPA) hazards present in your own system.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

hydrocraftindustries

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 28 January 2018 - 01:54 PM

Hello Members,

I am exploring the HACCP certification and wanted to know more about why I should opt for this certification and how do I proceed to prepare an HACCP plan for packaged drinking water.

I am currently certified by the Bureau of Indian Standards under IS code 14543:2017 (amended) for producing packaged drinking water.

any help would benefit me greatly. Thanking everyone in anticipation

regards

Harshit 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users