• Quick Navigation
Photo

How to check credentials of pest control contractor for BRC?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic
- - - - -

margaret96

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 01 December 2016 - 02:01 PM

Hi all, I am the BRC representative for our packaging company. We had our BRC assessment in October and since then we have taken on a pest control company. We previously did it in house. Is there any way I can check the credentials of the Pest control comany to see if they have the correct qualifications for BRC?

BrummyJim

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 329 posts
  • 117 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Motorbike gone now. Only the dog to walk!

Posted 01 December 2016 - 03:14 PM

You could ask them if they work for another BRC company. It depends on your supplier approval policy. Do you require certain levels of certification, membership of trade associations etc to approve a service supplier? BRC would accept membership of BPCA or ISO9001 as evidence of due diligence.

Thanked by 1 Member:
GMO

AndyDiff

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 20 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 01 December 2016 - 04:16 PM

Hi. We have BRC packaging and for our pest control contractor, we have copies on file of their BPCA membership certificate plus copies of training certificates for the visiting technicians and field biologists. In addition we put them through our own contractor induction. This satisfied our auditor.

liberator

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 113 posts
  • 43 thanks
Excellent

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Sci-Fi - Movies/TV
    Model Kit Building
    Gardening
    Home Renovations
    Riding my Motorcycle

Posted 07 December 2016 - 10:12 PM

It really all comes down to your approved supplier program. What do you want in a pest controller?

They must be licensed and accredited - and you should have copies on file for these. If they have a third party quality certification (eg ISO9001)  then have a copy of that on file as well. Their technicians must be trained, licenced approved and inducted to your site. You should review all of the chemicals/baits etc they use within your plant to ensure they are fit for purpose and meet appropriate regulations. If you have all of this documented and it meets your own internal requirements for approved vendors then this will meet your BRC requirements for your approved supplier program.

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,848 posts
  • 726 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:56 AM

As above I would expect to have a copy of the BPCA certificate I would also ensure the members of staff from the contractor visiting your site are trained in key operations, e.g. deploying toxic baits and keep copies of them on file (but make it their responsibility to keep that up to date!)

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users