• Quick Navigation
Photo

Why there is so much confusion between CCP, OPRP & PRP?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic
- - - - -

udayguleria

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 20 December 2016 - 04:50 PM

In any food industry why their is so much so much confusion between CCP, OPRP & PRP?
Is the ISO standards inadequate or the message is not clear by ISO 22000:2005 FSMS course's.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:36 PM

In any food industry why their is so much so much confusion between CCP, OPRP & PRP?
Is the ISO standards inadequate or the message is not clear by ISO 22000:2005 FSMS course's.

Hi udayguleria,

(1) IMO the original problem lies with the ambiguity of the meaning of OPRP as introduced by the iso22000 standard.

(2) The second problem comes with the ambiguity of the procedure for determining OPRPs as introduced/expanded by the iso22000/iso22004 standards.

(3) And the rest from the range/unclarity of the opinions of "experts" based on their interpretation of (1,2) above.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Wer3005

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 17 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Poland
    Poland

Posted 26 December 2016 - 02:56 PM

HI

IMO this is the simple explanation: poor understanding of the approach: oPRP and PRP and the moain ISO 22000 approach: combination of control instead of CCPs.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 26 December 2016 - 08:12 PM

HI

IMO this is the simple explanation: poor understanding of the approach: oPRP and PRP and the moain ISO 22000 approach: combination of control instead of CCPs.

Hi Wer,

I'm sorry but I have no idea what the above means. Maybe there is a language difficulty.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Wer3005

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 17 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Poland
    Poland

Posted 27 December 2016 - 02:13 PM

HI Maybe the language. What I wanted to say is that understanding of ISO 22000 philosohpy might be difficult for some of people. This philosophy bases on the COmbination of the control implemented on the different steps process which allow to keep the hazard on the acceptable limits of reduce this.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 27 December 2016 - 03:43 PM

HI Maybe the language. What I wanted to say is that understanding of ISO 22000 philosohpy might be difficult for some of people. This philosophy bases on the COmbination of the control implemented on the different steps process which allow to keep the hazard on the acceptable limits of reduce this.

Hi Wer,

Thanks for above. Now i understand and Yes, i agree that the ISO22000 Standard requires adjusting one's HACCP viewpoint.

I like the start of ISO22000's haccp section a lot but unfortunately (IMO)  section 7.4.4 is a disaster of confusion. Iso22004 is a major improvement regarding (iso-haccp) philosophy  concerning differentiating between CCPs/OPRPs but not very useful regarding practical implementation. Even the authors of iso22000 had different opinions as to the interpretation of OPRP :smile: .

The issue of determining CCP/OPRPs has (IMO) wasted so much time for so many people !!

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users