• IFSQN Member
  • 122 posts
  • 20 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:38 AM

Hi All,

BRC, I'm still wrapping my head around it. I think we are good on documents but it's the GMP side that I have a lot of questions on.

This is a two part question.

Are changing rooms required if staff does not need to change out of their clothes and wear a smock? Our commodity is low risk, citrus. We have always had PrimusGFS. We are switching over to BRC. Primus does not mention changing rooms.

Lockers, we have lockers we have them in a large room  that is split in half, clearly defined with a line seperating the room functions. One side of the room is a wall of lockers for personal items and next to it is the rack of clean aprons. The other side of the room is shelving for labels. Will this be accepted for BRC?

Thank you in advance.

CaliforniaFS

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 122 posts
  • 20 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:19 PM

Hello,

Are changing rooms required if staff does not need to change out of their clothes and wear a smock? Our commodity is low risk, citrus. We have always had PrimusGFS. We are switching over to BRC. Primus does not mention changing rooms.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Charles.C, 16 January 2017 - 09:08 AM.
moved from duplicate post

DN_QAMGR

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 67 posts
  • 37 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:56 PM

Hi,

Since your commodity is low risk, I would risk analyze the need for smocks (or uniforms). 

My product is high risk but I was able to determine clothing not to be required for my process. 

If you search risk analysis on this website, they have several risk analysis that would help you determine if clothing is actually a need. 

Good luck! Hopefully this helps. 

DNQAMGR

Teecem

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 29 posts
  • 19 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:39 PM

so long as the smocks are seperated from personal items they shouldnt be an issue you dont have to have seperate changing facilities we dont and we have never had a nc from brc.

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:15 AM

Hi CaliforniaFS,

BRC requirements are covered in 4.8 STAFF FACILITIES, like a lot of BRC requirements you will need to show that your facility/system does not represent a risk to the product:

4.8.1 Designated changing facilities shall be provided for all personnel, whether staff, visitor or contractor. These shall be sited to allow direct access to the production, packing or storage areas without recourse to any external area. Where this is not possible, a risk assessment shall be carried out and procedures implemented accordingly (e.g. the provision of cleaning facilities for footwear).
Interpretation Changing facilities:

Designated changing facilities must be provided for all staff (including visitors and contractors). The location and position of facilities is an important consideration and this must be the subject of a risk assessment to ensure the protection of protective clothing from contamination before entering the production areas.

You will also need to consider segregation of dirty and clean aprons:

4.8.3 Outdoor clothing and other personal items shall be stored separately from production clothing within the changing facilities. Facilities shall be available to separate clean and dirty production clothing.

​Kind regards,

Tony

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users