• Quick Navigation
Photo

Setting microbiological limits for fresh produce environment?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Rener De Jesus

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 39 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:34 PM

Hi Guys!

Just signed as member, a new member.

I am currently working in a fresh produce company. Our products are vegetables, fruits, fresh juices and ready to eat meals. We updating our environmental monitoring program to meet local and client standadrs. We are struggling on how to set microbiological limits (eg. <10 for E. coli or ND for Salmonella sp.) and the scope of testing (eg. target organisms in each location and frequency of sampling).

Do you have guys any ideas what are standards for microbiological limits and scopes for fresh produce environment? References as well.

I appreciate your responds and suggestions very much.

Thank you!

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:00 PM

Hi Guys!

Just signed as member, a new member.

I am currently working in a fresh produce company. Our products are vegetables, fruits, fresh juices and ready to eat meals. We updating our environmental monitoring program to meet local and client standadrs. We are struggling on how to set microbiological limits (eg. <10 for E. coli or ND for Salmonella sp.) and the scope of testing (eg. target organisms in each location and frequency of sampling).

Do you have guys any ideas what are standards for microbiological limits and scopes for fresh produce environment? References as well.

I appreciate your responds and suggestions very much.

Thank you!

Hi Rener de Jesus,

The EMP program (if any) will usually relate to the specific process details. The typical approach involves  risk assessment / zoning.

I suggest you have a look at this post/attachment and surounding thread.

http://www.ifsqn.com...em/#entry109592

Of course, if local Regulatory or specific client requirements exist, these will/may also be related.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Microbiology, Environmental Monitoring, food contact surfaces, non food contact surfaces, swab method, sponge method, sedimentation method, air sampling, microbiological limits

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users