• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 23 February 2017 - 10:07 AM

Hello,

First post on this guys, but have really been enjoying the information that the network provides.

Ok, so I am bringing a sweet potato product into our business and am wanting to gain some information around safety and quality standards for sweet potatoes.

I am wanting to try and build up an internal quality procedure for the product, but am struggling to understand what attributes are needed to be checked. I have found a few quality documents from the USDA but they seem to be more for market inspection. Storage of sweet potato is also an area I would like more information on.

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Natalie.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:42 AM

Hello,

First post on this guys, but have really been enjoying the information that the network provides.

Ok, so I am bringing a sweet potato product into our business and am wanting to gain some information around safety and quality standards for sweet potatoes.

I am wanting to try and build up an internal quality procedure for the product, but am struggling to understand what attributes are needed to be checked. I have found a few quality documents from the USDA but they seem to be more for market inspection. Storage of sweet potato is also an area I would like more information on.

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Natalie.

Hi Natalie,

You omitted to mention what the intended presentation of the product was.

Googling offers a variety of possibilties. I hv attached a couple.

Attached File  sw1 - sweet potato, 2012.pdf   1.44MB   32 downloads

Attached File  sw2 - sweet_potato,2016.pdf   1.13MB   38 downloads

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

natalie14846

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:06 PM

Hello Charles,

Thank you for your reply. It will be a chipped sweet potato raw, for consumers to cooked at home. I am just unsure of the quality issues for the product.

I've found the product drying out too slight once chipped, which is of slight concern. However, I have found that other retail products are similar so maybe this isn't a quality issue of concern.

Kind regards,

Natalie.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users