• IFSQN Active
  • 12 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:50 PM

Good afternoon,

I am in the process of putting together a HACCP plan for an Olive Oil mill. Currently we are just having our bottling line audited. During the milling season we will have the whole operation audited. I needed a little help with the following language. I am not exactly sure what they are looking for. I am pulling it directly from the plan checklist provided by the auditor. Any help will be appreciated!!

"All environmental and operational controls necessary to produce safe and legal food products must be in place and identified through prerequisite programs. Control measures and monitoring procedures for prerequisite program must be clearly identified and documented."

Do I need to list our procedures? Prerequisites (another area I am struggling with).

thank you

Adrian

Dr.Khan

DR

• IFSQN Senior
  • 314 posts
  • 132 thanks
Excellent

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Food, Reading technical information,provding technical help in QA,R&D,staff Training, products and processes optimisation, watching documentaries and making presentations
    AM available as consultant in Quality Assurance, Product & process development/ optimisation, staff training and trouble shooting in complex manufacturing Environment

Cal me on +61411588329 to discuss your requirements.

Am available for International Assignments

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:24 AM

Hi Adrian

Any HACCP program contains several common sections such as HACCP team with specific mentioned who is the team leader, scope of the systems, Management Commitment Statement, process diagram/s, Hazard Analysis tables and HAZARD Audit table/s to identify Critical Control Points in the process. A good HACCP program identify each step as CP (Control Point), QCP (quality Control point) and CCP (Critical control points) Recent trend is to keep the record of all QCP and CCP monitoring to ensute that all identified CCPs are always under control.

The Prerequisites procedures are essential part of any HACCP program as with out implementation of these procedures it is impossible to have an effective HACCP system o some of the  Prerequisites procedures are common to all HACCP systems such as Pest Control, Approved suppliers, Internal auditing, Cleaning procedures and Staff training to name  a few. 

To help you understand the requirements for the HACCP program for an olive oil mills I have attached a guide issued by the Olive oil industry. Please let me know if you need any further help.

Kind regards

Dr. Humaid Khan

Managing Director

Halal International Services

Beverly Hills 

Australia

Dr.Khan

DR

• IFSQN Senior
  • 314 posts
  • 132 thanks
Excellent

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Food, Reading technical information,provding technical help in QA,R&D,staff Training, products and processes optimisation, watching documentaries and making presentations
    AM available as consultant in Quality Assurance, Product & process development/ optimisation, staff training and trouble shooting in complex manufacturing Environment

Cal me on +61411588329 to discuss your requirements.

Am available for International Assignments

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:49 AM

Hi Adrian

Please find herewith the attachment referred in the last post

Kind regards

Dr. Humaid Khan

Managing Director

Halal International Services

Beverly Hills 

Australia

Attached Files

Thanked by 2 Members:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:38 AM

Hi Humaid,

Thks for the attachment  which contains an interesting description of Olive oil production and its Quality Control.

Unfortunately, by modern standards, the HACCP presentation seems sort of obsolete. I note the quoted Codex is rev3,1997 despite the document's date of 2006.

There is no mention of Prerequisites.

But perhaps still used in the Olive Oil Industry ?

@Adrian - do you know if yr haccp plan is supposed to comply to any particular "Standard", eg NACMCF ?

Maybe you can post the plan/requirements you are currently studying ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:58 AM

addendum

Google has an additional version, apparently later in same year 2006 (see below). Slightly less bizarre (Codex is now 2003) than previous but still pretty weird and still no Prerequisites.

Maybe there are more versions to find.

Attached File  quality management guide - olive oil industry (2006).pdf   304.71KB   44 downloads

addendum 2 -

the above file does appear to be the latest version for "packing plants". There are other presentations (all seemingly ca 2005-2006)  for other olive production styles, eg table olive industry which has a sterilisation step. Can download all from -

http://www.internati...w/222-standards

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 2 Members:

littlebkeeper

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 12 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:44 PM

Thank you both for all your help. I had looked at the above referenced documents previously. I am attending a few more HACCP training courses in the next couple weeks.

What I really need is to see a completed HACCP plan to know all the parts. I have been using the guide sent by our auditor but it is super vague and I think I have gone way too far into over analyzing this plan. I need to bring my scattered brain back down to earth!!

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users