• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 March 2017 - 05:20 PM

Hello,

I am in the process of updated our HACCP plan for our NSF audit coming and was wondering could I take out the HACCP Hazard Analysis and replace them with the HARPC Hazard Analysis?  Or do I have to keep HARPC HA separate from my HACCP plan?  I only ask because they are very similar and both basically do the same thing.

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,668 posts
  • 1140 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 29 March 2017 - 05:52 PM

Take it out and replace.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Cronkk

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 March 2017 - 05:57 PM

Take it out and replace.

Thank you.  I will do that.

Ryan M.

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,329 posts
  • 479 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading, crosswords, passionate discussions, laughing at US politics.

Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:16 AM

Well...from my understanding in the PCQI course from FSPCA there is a bit of difference in the hazard analysis between the two.  HARPC hazard analysis is conducted assuming no programs or controls in place to manage the hazards.  See the article linked below.

https://safefood360....accp-and-harpc/

I don't know if FDA regulators will come in and expect you to have this type of hazard analysis or if they will take a HACCP type hazard analysis.  It really is too soon to tell.  I think overall, they will be looking for some type of food safety plan that address the process, allergen, vendor / supply chain, sanitation, and recall plan.

I see more customers asking our status of implementing the preventive controls rule for human food to ensure we are compliant.  We are considered a small facility so our compliance date is not until September this year.  I'm still working on revising our food safety plan in some way to be ONE plan that meets both HACCP and HARPC requirements.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 30 March 2017 - 06:48 AM

Hello,

I am in the process of updated our HACCP plan for our NSF audit coming and was wondering could I take out the HACCP Hazard Analysis and replace them with the HARPC Hazard Analysis?  Or do I have to keep HARPC HA separate from my HACCP plan?  I only ask because they are very similar and both basically do the same thing.

Hi biddlecom,

^^. I'm afraid FDA decided to change some of the hazard analysis "axioms".

But perhaps yr process is ultra-simple.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Cronkk

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:52 AM

Yeah we don't have to comply to any of the FSMA rules because we are just a distributer of beverage items.  There is no processing or repacking or cold storage.  All we do it receive, store, and ship.  But If I read it correctly we don't have to comply to PCHF but we still have to write the HA for it.  I was just more curios if the NSF auditor would accept the HACRP HA in my HACCP plan.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users