6 replies to this topic
- - - - -

Newsgirl

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 11,939 posts
  • 18 thanks
Neutral
  • Interests:Scouring the WWW for interesting Food Safety & Quality News. Becoming #1 poster on the forums. Being a robot.

Posted 28 February 2006 - 08:49 PM

The goal of the response plan is to enhance the protection of the nation's
agricultural industry and food security through prevention, detection, response, and recovery

http://www.cfsan.fda...rd/fpmferp.html

selminay

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 32 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

Posted 15 September 2006 - 02:57 PM

The goal of the response plan is to enhance the protection of the nation's
agricultural industry and food security through prevention, detection, response, and recovery
http://www.cfsan.fda...rd/fpmferp.html

Hi,
In ISO22k standard, there is only one sentence related to emergency response. (5.7) I think that item is one of the diffrences from HACCP standard. So it is not very easy to understand and adapt it to system. What kind of preparation can company make about managemet of potantial emergent situations and accidents?
It is not so clear for me. Is it related to 'Product recall'?

Thanks,
Selmin

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 15 September 2006 - 03:26 PM

Dear Selminay,

I congratulate you on borrowing an unrelated thread for an interesting question.
I don't know the answer (not I22k user yet) however I think yr question has come up before in the I22k forum so you should get a reply eventually. My offhand guess is that you are correct but :dunno:

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 15 September 2006 - 07:29 PM

Moved from Food Safety News to Discussion.

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

joyfranks

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 36 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 18 September 2006 - 08:23 PM

Moved from Food Safety News to Discussion.

Hi,

Emergency preparedness and response may look like a small clause in ISO 22000 but it is not and many people get confused with product recall or withdrawal , which are different requirements of the standard.

What this clause is looking for is that a company has looked at possible risks such as what if there was a power failure and our controlled temp storage was effected ? or what if we had a fire and the sprinker system went off and stagnant water covered our open product or what if we had an employee who decided to contaminate our product ?????????. We can never forsee all these issues, but we can have a plan in place to deal with them. This is a different risk assessment to process issues which are covered by HACCP, so be aware the requirements are different and the auditor will look for an adequete procedure to cover this clause

Joy :rolleyes:

Joy Elizabeth Franks

Thanked by 1 Member:

dudu

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 24 September 2006 - 12:44 PM

That is a very interesting explanation Joy. So it is something like a crisis management plan. Thank you Joy.

joyfranks

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 36 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 24 September 2006 - 07:54 PM

That is a very interesting explanation Joy. So it is something like a crisis management plan. Thank you Joy.

Hi Dudu,

Yes thats very much what it is like and most businesses have a crisis management plan, however they may not have considered food safety impacts before to such a degree.

Regards

joy

Joy Elizabeth Franks

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users