Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:33 AM

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to get some help in relation to a product being called "Wild Garlic Croutons". Stating that the garlic is wild, is a claim, but i am unsure of what relevant documents I need to back this claim up. On the garlic specification, the raw material description states "Ramsons is a wild growing plant of the subfamily garlic". I don't seem to believe that this could be enough to support the claim, but then again i'm unsure? Is there anything else I could request from my supplier if this statement isnt enough?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 BrummyJim

BrummyJim

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 236 posts
  • 82 thanks

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Biking and walking

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:59 AM

I think that the claim is that it is Wild Garlic, not that the garlic is wild. Wild Garlic is a different plant from garlic, and although is does grow wild, can be cultivated. We have large amounts in our hedgerows at the moment and I pick it frequently to add to food (use the leaves, not the bulbs).

Check out https://en.wikipedia.../Allium_ursinum for more info. Ask your supplier how it's harvested and used.

Thanked by 1 Member:
mcinerh3

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: claims, wild garlic, authenticity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users